Gillette reveals 5 bladed "Fusion"

How many blades do you think Gillette can add until a law is passed saying that possession of a lethal weapon such as a "Gillete Razor" is prohibited?

10? 15?

NEW YORK - Gillette Co. Wednesday unveiled its newest shaving system, a five-bladed razor called Fusion with a trimmer on the back of the cartridge aimed at the 50 percent of men who have mustaches and beards.

Fusion is Gillette's latest product geared at maintaining the company's leading share of the world's razor and blade market.

It has one more blade than the Quattro sold by rival Schick, a unit of Energizer Holdings Inc., plus a trimming blade on the back of the pivoting cartridge for shaping facial hair, trimming sideburns and shaving under the nose.

SOURCE> MSNBC

586532363[/snapback]

Why do you feel it's necessary to promote a multi-billon dollar organisation?

Their advertising budget could probably build a school, swimming pool and library in your town ten times over.

How many blades do you think Gillette can add until a law is passed saying that possession of a lethal weapon such as a "Gillete Razor" is prohibited?

10? 15?

586728084[/snapback]

Dude! you just made me spill my Pepsi through my nose!

249ly6ag.gif

The refills are ridiculous on all Gillette razors... it is far more logical to go for one of the electric shavers - more expensive in the short term but far better value in the longrun. I gave up shaving a long time ago; now I just use a beard trimmer on low.

Gillette have got a great market though. If you want to use their products you have to either keep buying blades regularly or use each blade until it chops up your face. If you were to stop shaving for a year you could probably afford a car!

piff, I only shave once every 2 months (or when it starts to get where it iches all the time, what ever comes first) and when I do shave, its just a trim. I use a trimmer to get it as low as it can and then let it grow again. I don't think I've used a razor in a while, although I would like to try out the Mach3Turbo.

I've grown almost perfect "designer stubble", so I only need to trim every few days to keep it looking neat and tidy. Otherwise before that I always used a Quattro, fantastic shave in my view.

I'd like to try out the 5-blade though.

I've got Gillette Razor's anti-persperant, bodywash, body spray and shaving gel, Braun toothbrushes, Teapots, Toasters, every device that needs em run on Duracells, and well I'm a Gillet Corp. guy *LMAO*

The Gillette Ads are like:

WOAAA EXTREME GREEN FLASH OF ENEGRY

BOOOOM!!!! CARRRR!!!!! FAST CARS!!!!!

HALF NAKED WOMAAAAN!!!! GREEN EXPLOSION!!!

FLYBY OF RAZOR!!! EXTREEEEMME EFFECT!!!!!

wOOOSH!!! WOAAA!!!

586607688[/snapback]

rofl! :rofl:

At the very least, the trimming blade gives them a little reprise, but really 5 blades, come on, I found the Quatro was a useless hunk of junk, a disposable 2 blade razor gave a closer and better shave.

I think this type of increasing the number of blades on a razor and that they sell so successfully could almost be regarded as the epitomy of a consumerist society that just goes after the next newest thing without actually wondering if its necessary.

I mean 4/5 blades, maybe maybe it makes sense on say womens shavers, I mean there shavings legs etc, which are alot more resilent etc than taking 4/5 blades to your face. But apart from that you would have to have stubble as tough as nails if you need 5 blades to take a shave IMO.