Gov. Jeb Bush's son arrested in Austin

John Ellis Bush, the son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and nephew of President Bush, was arrested in Austin today on charges of public intoxication and resisting arrest, police said.

He was held at the Travis County Jail and later released on $2,500 bail, they said.

Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Capt. David Ferrero told the Austin American Statesman that Bush, 21, approached a group of police officers on a street corner in downtown Austin at 2:30 a.m. today to ask about an earlier arrest of people he knew.

He appeared to be drunk, so police detained him and tried to handcuff him. While they put the cuffs on young Bush, he pushed against the officers and ended up suffering a cut on the chin, the newspaper said.

"He was observed to be a danger to himself and others," Ferrero told the Statesman.

Alia Faraj, spokeswoman for the governor, said: "Governor Bush and First Lady Bush are concerned about this incident. This is a personal family matter which they are dealing with privately."

It is not the first time one of the governor's children has had a run-in with the law.

Jeb Bush's daughter Noelle was sentenced to 10 days in jail in 2002 after cocaine was found in her shoe at a court-ordered drug rehabilitation program.

President Bush's daughters Jenna and Barbara were both charged in 2001 with drinking underage.

Source

----

Seems there's a lot of drinking going on in the Bush family clan

Jeb Bush cut himself shaving today and got a paper cut within one hour of the incident...Oh my god!!. Then later today his son was caught in a college town drunk in public and arrested...Oh my god!!....The next morning George Bush's daughter Jenna forgot to flush the toilet and noticed there was a pee pee stain on the seat.....Oh my god!! That same day Jenna passed gas in an elevator and it stunk...Oh my god!!!

<sigh>

im sorry but he was arrested for the dumbest reason...

586551990[/snapback]

Not really the dumbest reason. You will get arrested for the same thing here. Walking around drunk can get you into trouble whether you walk into the street or start a fight or even fall prey to an attack. This deftinetly isn't any more newsworthy than some average bum getting arrested though which i guess is probably what you meant. :blush:

Learning from his uncle's past eh?

586548632[/snapback]

Well, at least they aren't doing cocaine like their uncle did (back in his "wild days").

I'd drink too if I was a Bush.

586552000[/snapback]

Haha, diss. :p

Now they just need to arrest George W.

586577706[/snapback]

Having fun reviving old threads? Well, at least they are only a few days old.