Banning

Originally posted by use_imagination

just wondering...

what kind of reasons were/can people be banned from neowin ?

Breach of the community rules is the main one. See them above on the top of every page.

I can't really think of any others, I suppose if the mod/admin has a good enough reason and is supported by the other mods/admins then that could be one as well.

Originally posted by correllium

And also the 5th community rule, if you're scoobie.

:D

i heard a lot about that guy... he's kind of a legend around here but in a bad way

what exactly did he do to get banned ?

Repeated violations of community rules, or anything deemed serious enough to deserve such punishment.

about scoobie: he posted uncontrollably, that's the main reason

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

racist posts

Seems to be a crowd favorite at the moment wouldnt you say?

Seriously, if you guys can't think of anything nice to say i strongly urge you to keep it to yourself. All these vulgar remarks i am seeing posted, will just earn you a one way trip out the door on your backside.

No Racism, No Threatening, No (citing) Victimization (via PM) or Hateful posts

I would LIKE to see MORE TOUGHNESS on Respect around here.

[edit]Post edited - please use Neowin PM or private email for personal discussions. - deadzombie[/edit]

You may have no respect for another person, like myself, but you should just keep it to yourself, like what Keldyn said "Seriously, if you guys can't think of anything nice to say i strongly urge you to keep it to yourself."

[edit] Please use Neowin PM or private email to have personal discussions. - deadzombie

Yes, I would let that thread GO!

But, I would like to see Respect toughen here in this community, so that DOESN'T Happen again!

I was never meant to cause trouble myself, what you expect me to do? Let him call me stupid and not stand up for myself?

Thank You!!!

Originally posted by JediXAngel

Well, that thread was locked because azazel said nasty things in my thread, and I argued back, so I have a fault in it too. But, it would NEVER happened if azazel stayed out of the thread.

Yes, I would let that thread GO!

But, I would like to see Respect toughen here in this community, so that DOESN'T Happen again!

Thank You!!!

ya he seems to have some sort of problem with a lot of people

I have to agree that members need to show a little more respect around here, but members also need to show a little more maturity as well. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by codyg11

but members also need to show a little more maturity as well. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, but there is NO standard for maturity.

Maturity means different things to each person... Like cussing. some of you people never cuss may think those who say F- and S-words a lot are immature, but there are a lot of people who does cuss, even seemingly very mature people.

Also, many respectable people have gotten way arrogant themselves, and I hate that. I have seen many times, that a person such as a manager, or a Mod ought be respectable and mature. Yet their arrogance made them declare themselves to be 'Holier than thou' attitude.

And, respect is a major Part of maturity in itself. You never tell people directly they are stupid, and even if they ask for your opinion, you shouldn't bluntly call people stupid.

Also, many respectable people have gotten way arrogant themselves, and I hate that. I have seen many times, that a person such as a manager, or a Mod ought be respectable and mature. Yet their arrogance made them declare themselves to be 'Holier than thou' attitude.

Yes, some members of this forum have taken this attitude towards everyone else, mods and regular members. Just ignore them. That is the best thing to do. :)

And, respect is a major Part of maturity in itself. You never tell people directly they are stupid, and even if they ask for your opinion, you shouldn't bluntly call people stupid.

Well, I have one thing to say about respect, and this applies to everyone: to gain respect you must earn it. It is just that simple.

i think one can get banned by posting irrelevent information am i correct? What i mean by that like posting information about macs in a windows nt fourm repeatedly.. j/w at the same time..

Originally posted by vraa

i think one can get banned by posting irrelevent information am i correct? What i mean by that like posting information about macs in a windows nt fourm repeatedly.. j/w at the same time..

If they did this consistantly than maybe. A warning would have been issued first however. We try to be fair in all situations. We would point out to the member what they are doing wrong so they know better for next time. If they choose to ignore this advice and persist with their behavior, than yes, a banning will likely follow.

Originally posted by codyg11

Well, I have one thing to say about respect, and this applies to everyone: to gain respect you must earn it. It is just that simple.

Yes, I understand that and I agree completely, but that's not what I am saying. You may disrespect me all you want, but what I am saying is keep it to yourself. I don't need to know what someone thinks of me, geez it's already ridicolous enough you don't even know me.

Yes, I understand that and I agree completely, but that's not what I am saying. You may disrespect me all you want, but what I am saying is keep it to yourself. I don't need to know what someone thinks of me, geez it's already ridicolous enough you don't even know me.

I am not judging you or anything, notice that what I said applied to everyone, not just you, heck, it even applies to me. :) It is just that you cannot just expect someone to like you no matter what you say or do. Your actions (posts) determine whether or not someone will respect you and like you. Please don't take any offense to this, but if you would just let this go people may respect you a little more. :)