How many people know programming

62 members have voted

1. 1. How many people know programming

• Yes
    • No
    • Just HTML
    • Programming?

I'd consider myself a beginner in VB (did a tech class in school on vb for a semester) and beginner/intermediate in c++. I really like c++, its very powerful :ninja: and fast. I'd like to learn assembly one day after I have mastered :paranoid: c++ lol. Assembly is the ultimate programming language.

HTML, some JavaScript, Turbo Pascal 6, Basic, a little C

My box:

M/B: IWILL KK266

CPU: AMD T-Bird @ 1.2GHz

RAM: 256MB PQI

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ATA III/30GB/7200RPMs

CD-ROM: TEAC 40X

CDRW: TEAC 8x8x32

Video: Leadtek GeForce2MX

Sound: Creative SB Audigy and Altec Lansing Speakers

TV: BT878a-based ACORP

Network: REALTEK 8029AS

I know C#, C++, C, HTML, Javascript, Java, Assembler, Pascal and basic Basic :cool:

EDIT: You do realize that only programmers will be attracted to and thus vote and comment on this thread... ;)

Know:

Assembly, C, C++, Visual Basic, Visual Basic.Net, Delphi, PHP, ASP, HTML (XHTML, CSS)

Sorta Know:

SmallTalk, Perl, Pascal

Learning:

Java, C#, ASP.Net

I know...

C, C++, QBASIC, VB, Visual C++, JAVA, C#, LISP, Fortran, Assembler (x86 - CISC, SPARC and other RISC platforms such as MIPS), IL (aka .Net 'assembly'), various scripting platforms, HTML - PHP, CGI, JAVA Script, PERL, and I am going to be checking out more LISP variants in the future...

Originally posted by KayMan2K

I know...

C, C++, QBASIC, VB, Visual C++, JAVA, C#, LISP, Fortran, Assembler (x86 - CISC, SPARC and other RISC platforms such as MIPS), IL (aka .Net 'assembly'), various scripting platforms, HTML - PHP, CGI, JAVA Script, PERL, and I am going to be checking out more LISP variants in the future...

PFFFT! Thats all, what a newb ;)

VB and C++. Also have a fairly good grasp on the new .NET tools. I am really liking C# and VB.NET.

We do a lot of in-house coding to support business units and while C++ is powerful, we could never crank out the support tools we are asked to do without VB. C++ is much more powerful but when you need to create custom DB front ends and your deadline is always 'by the end of the week' or more often 'tomorrow', you have to rely on VB.

We are looking to replace our VB needs with C# and VB.NET before the end of this year.

I got a fair bit of experience in:

C++, Pascal, VB, ASP/VBScript, HTML, DHTML, XML, WML, JScript / ECMAScript, BASIC and a little bit of ActionScript. Still working on English PseudoCode.

Are you planning on learning something? If so what are you hoping to achieve, maybe we can point you in the right direction.

It doesn't really matter what you start with as most languages share similar syntax so learning one gives you a basis to learn the others on. If you were to ask for a recomendation; I would suggest Web languages like HTML/DHTML/Javascript as these don't require anything to get started other than notepad and a little patience.

:old: