Could Office 12 be "Office Mondo"

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 OP Mr. Dee

Mr. Dee

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Professional

Posted 28 September 2005 - 18:38

Another office release to skip, bad name.

View Post

I guess you are one of those users who only use 10% of the features in Office anyway.

#17 Nexus-

Nexus-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 September 2005 - 22:10

Very unique name I must say, couldn't find the meaning in the Encarta dictionary, so I googled. The name means either "World" or "Enormous". This could mean Office 12 is giving you a bigger view of your information to make sense of with new ways to manipulate, share it while at the same time have more control over it.

Also, "Office 12" is already the codename, and it has always been that way, as long as I can remember. I think Office 2000 was code name Office 99 though.

View Post

and thus office 12 will be named office 2006 or maybe 07 but i doubt it. just like we know for a fact that longhorn server will be windows server 2007 even tho they havent said it yet ;)

#18 Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

Neowinian/Star Wars freak

Posted 28 September 2005 - 22:22

I guess you are one of those users who only use 10% of the features in Office anyway.

View Post

Actually I'm skipping because it doesn't offer anything I need, new name aside. I still use Office 2000 because its all I need.

#19 Koolslacker

Koolslacker

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 September 2005 - 22:24

I like Windows Vista, but Mondo is not a name. I really hope this is either fake or just a codename.l

#20 benjeeeboy

benjeeeboy

An old infamous man.

Posted 28 September 2005 - 22:38

Well, this could be the second title in a series of spanish names.
Vista, Mondo, ....

#21 NienorGT

NienorGT

Nee-Heh-Nor GeeTee

Posted 28 September 2005 - 22:41

They wanted to beat Vista in Bad names I guess...

And Mondo would be Italian not spanish...

http://www.answers.com/mondo

#22 Kr0z

Kr0z

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 September 2005 - 23:07

If they call it mondo, I'm switching to openoffice or corel office or something ungodly like that. :|

#23 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 September 2005 - 23:44

Vista = Sight
Mondo = World

See the world with Microsoft! Enjoy Vista and Mondo and be productive!

#24 OP Mr. Dee

Mr. Dee

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Professional

Posted 29 September 2005 - 00:08

and thus office 12 will be named office 2006 or maybe 07 but i doubt it. just like we know for a fact that longhorn server will be windows server 2007 even tho they havent said it yet  ;)

View Post

What about Office 10? Everyone thought the suite was going to be christened Office 2002, but was named Office XP instead. Even Paul Thurrott thought it was going to be named Office 2001.

The recent release of Office 10 Beta 1 has unearthed a slew of new features, including a subscription software service, voice control, and numerous simplification improvements that will help shape this release into a compelling upgrade over Office 2000. Office 10 Beta 1, which Microsoft now says will be called Office 2001 or Office 2002 when it ships, includes the client software, an Office Web Server, the Office Resource Kit, two Language Packs CDs, and a ClipArt CD

http://www.winsupers...ice10_beta1.asp

#25 petroid

petroid

Neowin Lurker

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:31

What about Office 10? Everyone thought the suite was going to be christened Office 2002, but was named Office XP instead. Even Paul Thurrott thought it was going to be named Office 2001.
http://www.winsupers...ice10_beta1.asp

View Post

Actually, a lot of the documentation for Office XP still refers to it as Office 2002 :).

#26 etempest

etempest

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:38

Just call it Office 12.  Sounds good.  Microsoft Office Vista is not too bad either.

dL

View Post

Office Vista

If Windows is not coming with 4 comercial versions (2 more unique) I say Office Vista be perfect... The confusion (not sure if the reports about the naming and number of versions still hold true).

#27 +Brandon Live

Brandon Live

Seattle geek

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:43

I kind of wish we could just agree on a naming strategy. Windows Mobile went from:

Windows CE 1.x, 2.x
P/PC
PocketPC
PocketPC 2002
Windows Mobile 2003
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
Windows Mobile 5.0

Visual Studio went from:

Visual Studio 6.0
Visual Studio .NET
Visual Studio .NET 2003
Visual Studio 2005

I mean, seriously... The geek in me actually thinks it would be cool if we'd just called Vista, Windows 6.0 - and Visual Studio 8 (or is it 9? I think 2003 was 7.1)

Aaaaanyway.....

#28 +Brandon Live

Brandon Live

Seattle geek

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:45

Office Vista

If Windows is not coming with 4 comercial versions (2 more unique) I say Office Vista be perfect... The confusion  (not sure if the reports about the naming and number of versions still hold true).

View Post

I sure hope not.

Do you know how many people thought Office XP would only run on Windows XP?

Do you know how many people answer the question, "Are you running Windows XP?" with "Yes, XP, that sounds right." - Only because they run Office XP on Windows 2000?

No no... I sure hope those marketing gurus have learned their lesson about that.

#29 The J Man

The J Man

J2

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:11

LOL

I care more about the features, rather than the name.

View Post

Me too! ITS THE FEATURE THAT IS IMPORTANT. Even if this is the final name, i'll just address it as Office 12. better that the so-called-mondo...

Hopefully this version does not eat up too much of computer resources like memory//

#30 The J Man

The J Man

J2

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:14

Vista = Sight
Mondo = World

See the world with Microsoft!  Enjoy Vista and Mondo and be productive!

View Post

:no: who cares about those codenames and final RTM name... its the features and user interface that is important... :yes:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!