New $10 Dollar Bill

Wow, the money looks as boring and stale as before. Good work US MINT!

Look at other countries money, then compare it to that old' arse design, The US is wayyyyy behind in style it seems as well :|

WASHINGTON -- Get ready for some more color in your wallet.

The $10 bill is set to become the latest currency denomination to be jazzed up with a splash of colors to complement the greenback's traditional green.

It's all part of the government's effort to stay ahead of counterfeiters and the ever-more sophisticated devices at their disposal to make fake money.

Treasury Secretary John Snow and officials from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing -- the agency that prints all U.S. currency -- were to be on hand Wednesday for the unveiling of the newly redesigned $10 note during a ceremony on Ellis Island in New York harbor.

The $10 bill becomes the third denomination to get a color makeover following the $20 bill in 2003 and the $50 bill last year.

http://www.nbc10.com/money/5030154/detail.html

This thing looks pretty cool. The interesting thing is they didnt replace Hamiliton with Ronald Reagan's face. Start looking out for these next year!

post-15817-1127936026.jpg

post-15817-1127936034.jpg

Look at other countries money, then compare it to that old' arse design, The US is wayyyyy behind in style it seems as well :|

586591158[/snapback]

Who cares about the style that much? I spend it, not frame it. What do you want, modern art ?

modrnart.JPG

whoa whoa whoa... is that the eternal flame by Hamilton's face??? The Elite show their hints again... :ninja: :shifty:

perhaps its just too small for me to see... i'll have to find a bigger picture.

586591158[/snapback]

It would seem that the US wants to keep a bit of a traditional design.

Edit: "play money" is indeed unfair.

@ brotherrabbit, no problem. Thats exactly what I wanted to do, show a comparison. Ive always thought American money was cool because of the nice green color, but now its just biege and green, really boring!

@MrStaticVoid, What makes money play money? Color? It still does what money is supposed to, hold a value.

@brianshapiro, The Canadian bills arent designed like that just to "look flashy" they have MANY security features in that design, I think its over 10 at least.

no , i think the canadian bills as posted look too flashy and dont resemble bills/certificates enough.

ive liked the US colored 20s, 50s, and now 10s better than the older counterparts. i like the understated use of color and the resemblance to what they are, certificates. no need to go on a graphic design orgy. they can be improved still, but i dont want them to get too flashy

the euro bills look good visually, and its nice that theyre different sizes, but i think the whole us design of using historic leaders is better than showing famous places, its a more solid design and easier to recognize bills by sight.

I wish our money was like New Zealand or Austrailia's. They have nice money. Colorful, clear plastic part so you can't scan them, watermarks, and if you get a new one they're practically unrippable. Now they have nice money. Although our $50 are decent. But this $10 just looks ugly

It would be great if the US bills were different sizes so that blind people can learn what they have in their hands, like most other countries already do.

I came from the UK and British Money is great, easily recognisable by highly distinctive colours, different sizes, and way more security features than the US counterparts. The US bills look like they would be easy to counterfeit in comparison. The colours that have been added to the US bills recently are not varied enough IMHO. They all look kinda the same.