New $10 Dollar Bill

Honestly, I like the US currency the way it is. Every other country looks like monopoly money. You guys can bash the way the US bills look like, I just hate bright colors in something serious like cash. =/

Well, I guess a more complicated and stylish design is harder to counterfiet, not to mention having things like foil strips and see-through plastic windows.

With the mention of the New Zealand bills, one cannot forget the special Millennium edition $10 note we had (no longer in circulation of course).

Millennium_tenner.jpg

Too bad I didn't keep one stored away somewhere - or I probably did, just forgot where I put it.

~ Dan

Whoa, is that picture above an example of Aussie money?

Wow, that stuff is sweeeeet. Even nicer than Canadian imo. but then again, they both look great.

586591426[/snapback]

I was tihnking the same thing, that money is nice. Very similar to ours.

Canadian_bills.jpg

586591189[/snapback]

Canadian bills are the best looking.. altho it's rainbow coloured, i don't care, it's easy to tell what money you have in your pocket, without looking at the numbers :p

and yes, i am canadian

<------

The Queen's face is different on the two $20 bills.

586591950[/snapback]

Ya, theyve edited that first bill, or it was a prototype or something. The real bill is like the 2nd one.

I think the Canadian bills are really nice, they have a structured look to them, and each part of the bill has a different image or symbol and it flows nicely... doesn't look all muddled up, it's very distinct. The images on the back are very nice and really show what Canada stands for. The material is different though, it is very stiff compared to the old bills which would get floppy over time, but the new ones are a lot more durable but if you do crunch it, it is pretty much stuck in a crunched position.

The new US bills I think are a nice little change, but hardly very innovative as other countries have done.

Here's a website with all the front's/back's of Canadian money and also has pictures of all the bills in the last series. Also note that the white areas on the Canadian bills on the front in the middle portion have holographic golden maple leafs. And the bills also have braille in the top right corners.

http://www.vancouver.hm/money.html

Wow, the money looks as boring and stale as before. Good work US MINT!

Look at other countries money, then compare it to that old' arse design, The US is wayyyyy behind in style it seems as well :|

586591158[/snapback]

its not the design..but its hard to counterfiet....besides who in there right mind would want to counterfiet Canadian Currency....LOL...thats why they have more time to play with crayons.

its not the design..but its hard to counterfiet....besides who in there right mind would want to counterfiet Canadian Currency....LOL...thats why they have more time to play with crayons.

586592102[/snapback]

People in Canada would ;)

And besides, the exchange rate is very close, the closest it's been in many many years. It's (as of today):

Canadian Dollar 0.8515 USD

US Dollar 1.1744 CAD

It was actually down to around 1.169 per US dollar or so just last week. There's tons... tons of measures in the new Canadian bills for counterfiet protection. Just looking at them they are really advanced. The US is advanced too, just not as colorful :cool:

They really need to invest in colours soon.

586594317[/snapback]

I couldn't disagree more.

They need to stop putting pick dye in our money. I mean...dang it just ain't right.

It makes different denominations stand out in your wallet. ;)

586594424[/snapback]

Funny thing is...for me that's what the numbers in the corners are for.

HAHA (see told you it was funny)

Every country I lived in use different colors for each denomination. When I visited U.S., my mom and I were naturally confused because all bills are in same colors.

I guess Americans are already used to this, but it would be really convenient if bills were printed in various colors.