• Memorial Plaza
    • Memorial Triangle
    • Memorial Park
    • Memorial Square
    • Memorial Garden
    • Memorial Promenade
    • none of the above
    • don't rebuild

i think memorial garden. dont come from USA mind or live there but it looks sweet nether the les. Doesnt the triangular building though look like a archology from sim city 2000?

Weren't they just going to build that one massive futuristic building? Or was that an unrelated proposal?

---

I'd say go with any of them except the Triangle

They are all WAY too big :( I feel that nothing should be BUILT there apart from maybe a memorial centre celebrating the lifes of the people that were cruely massacred on September 11th 2001

This is prime real-estate in the middle of one of the busiest and most prosperous business districts in the world. As such, using that space for a memorial is a waste, if they want to build a memorial they should put it in Central Park or somewhere more appropriate for this sort of thing (at any rate, the victims' families should not be the ones dictating this sort of thing). Besides, do you think that the people who will work in the new buildings really want to be constantly reminded of the fact that thousands of people died at that very spot everytime they look out their windows?

Also, all of these designs seem to have wussed out in terms of height. I say build them higher than they were before, to do any less seems like an implicit concession that the terrorist act was somehow successful.

Originally posted by hurting101

Weren't they just going to build that one massive futuristic building? Or was that an unrelated proposal?

this was not an official proposal, that is why it was not considered.

hmm... i dunno what to pick... I really wanted this:

newwtc(TwistedHumor.com).jpg

but if i had to... either memorial promenade or memorial garden... i really like that triangular building, sorta like the one in San Francisco (transamerica center? something like that)... with Memorial Promenade, I like how they have two large towers as a "centerpiece"

just my $.02

i like triangle and plaza.

plaza has highest building.. and w/ antena it'll be higher than wtc+antena used to be

triangle is nice becuase it looks like they will build some sort of dome over north tower and they can make a really nice museum.

they need to build something big and good there. otherwise downtown will die-out:(

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Bling3k12

can anyone show me what this "futuristic" building looked like? maybe then I can realize what you're talking about

I don't remember the site, but it was to have a sound cannon :ermm: ... looked like a pack of sticks of TNT as a member described it as :(

Originally posted by tetrah

Memorial Promenade because it resembles the WTC somewhat. But personally, they should rebuild the WTC!

I'd agree Promenade or Garden would be nice