what is the real world issues forum for?

Originally posted by Elektro

ok, i thought it was for like stuff that happens like i dunno in our life... i read it wrong, u know like stuff that happens outside PCs, not nessecarily worldwide. next time ill put it in Gen Disc... also I just wanted some suggestions to persuade her, or other ways to go. Not to be pityed or anything, or be told how i dont respect my parents when u guys dont even know me.

If you dont want to accept that the feedback on your post will be as critical as it might be positive in your favour dont post about your problems here

Real World was added to accomadate the very intelligent discussions going on about Religion and World conflict among others things. When intelligent people participate and start discussions there it remains my favourite forum.

username is being a bad sport when he says that its more like "The US bashing" thread, again I would say that when 60% of Neowins members are determined and regulary imply that the world could not exist without America some other members might have something to say about that ;)

People forget that Neowin is funding by an American hosting company and supported by a very competent American team and (as I already said) most of our visitors are American even if the site originates from Europe (Holland to be specific).

I wanted to make a point on the maturity of the posts (or the lack of), asking for maturity on a public forum is like asking for World Peace. I'm sorry but despite our moderators best efforts it's an impossible task.

People who I would normally punch in the face for spamming or causing disruption on my site can usually go about their disruptive ways because the unpersonal Internet allows this.

Originally posted by Neobond

Real World was added to accomadate the very intelligent discussions going on about Religion and World conflict among others things. When intelligent people participate and start discussions there it remains my favourite forum.

it is my favorite forum as well. i really like to observe, if not participate in, the discussions which take place in that forum.

Originally posted by creamhackered

Lol Gross :s

i guess you didnt get the joke

Neobond, thanks for speaking up about this forum, there have been some really mean US bashings gone on here though, all ended in closed threads.

Originally posted by Neobond

People forget that Neowin is funding by an American hosting company and supported by a very competent American team and (as I already said) most of our visitors are American even if the site originates from Europe (Holland to be specific).

Don't forget Al Gore! He invented the internet! Greatest American ever :p

Oh, and Elektro...I lived very far away from everyone I went to high school with (including my friends, not just the ladies). More than 45 minutes too :)

My adivce? Stop caring. I just went and found more interesting things to do till I turned 16...and then went and actually hung out with my friends on weekends on a regular basis once I got a car.

Also, I rode my bike everywhere. EVERYWHERE. So if you have a bicycle, and really feel this is that important. Get pedaling. I could do 30 miles in about 2 hours (Connecticut is fairly flat though) on my bike. Plus, if you spend that much time on a bike, you can be all in shape and good looking like me too :p

Then you can have all the women you want...

I closed down your thread about girlfriends. As I do with posts about: Wanking, anti-Neowin propoganda, gay-bashing, parent bashing and all other sorts of garbage that gets spewed forth.

The Real World Issues Forum still follows the four Neowin board rules. So in the future please review the rules prior to posting; see if your topic offends any of the guidelines above->it will only help increase your standing and reputation as an intelligent poster.