New orleans police beat 64 yr old man

Just stupid. Even if they arent getting paid till sunday - should be charged with assualt and fired from the poilce force as puts a bad name on cops everywhere.

Its wierd how this only happens in the US. Im sure it happens here in Canada but nearly as much. Then of course in China and stuff too but then again they arent quite a model society.

The US should really crack down on this kind of thing, but I can see how its hard. If they start firing cops for this kind of stuff, there is already a shortage of them so firing would only make that situation worse. They need to put severe penalties down for any kind of crooked activity from cops.

This is sad, hope justice is done here, but lets be careful not generalise, not all cops are the bad guys.

586651388[/snapback]

You're right, not all are bad, but the few who are have tarnished the true meaning of being there to "serve and protect" LAPD, now New orleans, c'mon, we're concerned about rising crime but we see corruption in alot of places these days.

Its wierd how this only happens in the US. Im sure it happens here in Canada but nearly as much. Then of course in China and stuff too but then again they arent quite a model society.

The US should really crack down on this kind of thing, but I can see how its hard. If they start firing cops for this kind of stuff, there is already a shortage of them so firing would only make that situation worse. They need to put severe penalties down for any kind of crooked activity from cops.

I spent alot of time in Germany with the Army and know that I've seeen only one case of police brutality. But Germany is way more lenient when it comes to allowing more leverage for the polizei to beat a suspected criminal.

I remember when police cars said "To Protect and Serve."

They now read "Law Enforcement."

586651369[/snapback]

:rofl: classic.

I find it sad that bad publicity automatically gives people the inclination to say that all cops are bad. Remember, the media is notorious for reporting the bad side of things. People crave mayhem, destruction, brutality, and injustice. If they didn't, then what would the "news" report? The negativity in the media is hugely responsible for part of the reason people are so close minded. They report only what they feel you should know, and most of it is negative BS that people take literally as truth across the entire spectrum of things.

It's like radio. They only play what they want you to hear. True, they make money by selling ad time on the airwaves but there are a lot more politics involved than people know about. Labels will do anything to get their artists exposed, and their pockets run deep but that is a whole different talk show folks...

I really hope those COPS hitting that 64yr old man LOSE their jobs and end up paying a big restitution for the man's life til he dies for their CRUEL actions.

CNN video (raw footage)

CNN video (after the beating)

Source: CNN.com

586652187[/snapback]

Wow. Just disturbing. Thanks for providing the videos. Just disturbing.

man I go so ****ed off when i saw the videos on cnn. those cops are a bunch of thugs that think the rules dont apply to them. i think what ****ed me off the most was when it showed that one cop pushing the reporter and then saying that he had been "here for 6 weeks trying to survive" what the hell was that all about, i mean, that poor man had nothing to do with that. i hope they fire those a-holes. of course im sure that nothing is going to happen to them and they are going to get away with it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Its wierd how this only happens in the US.  Im sure it happens here in Canada but nearly as much.  Then of course in China and stuff too but then again they arent quite a model society.

The US should really crack down on this kind of thing, but I can see how its hard.  If they start firing cops for this kind of stuff, there is already a shortage of them so firing would only make that situation worse.  They need to put severe penalties down for any kind of crooked activity from cops.

586651401[/snapback]

This doesn't happen only in the US, it happens everywhere, it has happened in Toronto a couple of years ago. As for severe penalties. They should have the same penalties that all members of society must face up to when something illegal is done.

I can almost understand the cops frustration. Where he said he has been there 6 weeks trying to stay live and protect his city. It must be insanely mentally tolling on these cops and it's a shame that it had to lead to this. I salute the mayor of New Orleans for getting these cops the help they need in this crisis that is that much worse due to their jobs and responsibility. I am not saying what the cops did was justified, but i can sure see those cops pleading insane after what they've been through.

Its wierd how this only happens in the US.  Im sure it happens here in Canada but nearly as much.  Then of course in China and stuff too but then again they arent quite a model society.

586651401[/snapback]

Obviously someone doesn't know much about other countries. Google 'Italian Police Brutality' just for giggles. The world isn't as pretty out there as people like to pretend it is, and just because it's not on the news doesn't mean stuff doesn't go on elsewhere.

That is just SICK. They shouldn't just be fired, they should be charged for physical assault and pay a hefty fine or go to jail or something.

I am not going to generalize here saying that all cops are bad and the US is bad and whatnot.. but in the 5 years I lived in Germany I didn't see a SINGLE cop who was beating someone up (I've seen quite a few arrests) or yelling at people or something like that. :no:

The US should really crack down on this kind of thing, but I can see how its hard.  If they start firing cops for this kind of stuff, there is already a shortage of them so firing would only make that situation worse.  They need to put severe penalties down for any kind of crooked activity from cops.

586651401[/snapback]

lol. have you ever been to any, lets say, former soviet republics....... :rolleyes:

While I certainly don't condone what they did, I do sympathize with them (and the victim of course) over this. They've been in hell for 6+ weeks now, trying to stay alive, not knowing if family are still living, most of them lost everything they owned. The toll on them must be beyond everything I can think of. That one cop who grabbed the AP guy and started screaming, come on you can see plainly he lost it totally there for a few.

As I said, I don't condone the actions, and they should be punished for it. But put in jail for an obvious lapse in judgement in a seriously trying (6 weeks) time? No.

Jail time is the only just punishment for such an act.

Plus, they should never be cops again.

586655372[/snapback]

that i agree with..

all that stuff about surviving for 6 weeks and stuff.. come on, i've seen africans 100gazillion,bagillion,bullion infiniti worse off and they "survive" for many years..

this is no excuse for them to beat this man, and for the other guy to attack the AP guy like the way he did. for all i know, they're TRAINED as POLICE OFFICERS.

the guy obviously looks like he never resisted.. what's wrong with asking him questions instead of beating him.. and then there's the guy that's pulling his leg up, i mean :angry: there's just no words i can use to describe it.