iPod 30GB Video Review

You have to have them in your itunes library and it will just automatically load them up?.if it can?t load them it will say so and have a little helplink click on the link and it will bring you to a link where it tells you how to convert your videos?..can?t remember it ATM

Wow nice review :) I really want one but I have already a white 4GB Nano so I think will wait a while .. I was just wondering if someone can post some pics of videos played!! .. want to see the quality:)

how are you outputting to the TV is it composite from the ipod to RCA, or just composite? (and no i cant tell from the picture because i dont have much experience with plugs of this nature :p )

HOLY CRAP! CONNETING TOY UOR TV?!?!?! I ENVER KNEW THAT!

I WANTT TO GET IT SOO BAD NOW!

586721200[/snapback]

Wait for Archos Gmini 500

4" Screen

TV out

5 Hours Video

12hours Music Battery

40Gigs

should be 350 - 400$ .

removable battery

Except that is not really a competitor to the iPod that is more of a PMP mainly because of the weight and would you really like to carry it in your pocket? :/ that big screen = high probability of scratches. :pinch: And while the new ipod can now play video it is not a PMP really...it is still a MP3 player that can now play some video..besides the interface on the Archos is sick :p

One question. Can the iPod into any computer and it will pick it up so I can add/remove stuff to it. E.g. if I take it to uni and plug it into the computers there, can I drop and dragg stuff.

I'd go for the nano, because I find that when I carry around all of my music (ALL of it) I never know what to listen to. With a nano, you could make a couple playlists before you go and have exactly what you want to hear.

...who am i kidding? I'd go for a video.. because yea. it's a freakin video ipod.

yep I just picked up my 5G Evo :D I still haven't opened it yet.. it's very tempting though.. acutally I got the last one in the apple store and they said the stock just arrived this morning.. wow.. it's too bad I left my camera @ my res.. >.< argh oh well..

I got the 60gb black a few days ago - and I'm loving it! The video playback is superb (I watched Monty Pythons Life of Brian last night and it was very good quality). Scratches are not an issue for me yet, but I have been very careful with it. I'll probably get a case when more range is availble.

EDIT on Battery life

For music I got about 12.4 hours with the volume at 75% maybe a little higher, I bet I could get more if I lowered the volume but I was on a plane and stuff so I had to keep it up that high. I will be testing it in everyday conditions with the volume around 50%....For video it lasted 140 minutes which is about 2.2 hours the volume was as high as it could get because I was on a plane. I tried it for about 5 of those minutes in just a regular room with people and I only had to have the volume at 45% :happy: Pretty sure if you kept it at that you might be able to get 3 hours.