Adblockers

exactly.. we pay these fee's for internet access and then we have to get these ads aswell. i'm not complaining that the ads are there, im just upset that you're telling us we can't say that we block ads or whatever

586722855[/snapback]

You also pay your cable fees for Cable TV but still have commercials on shows.

No Cable? Sattelite also has ads....

You buy a newspaper for the news....you still get ads.

You go to the movies and there are ads BEFORE the ads for new movies.

I'm not trying to flame you here because I like you but your ISP does NOT pay Neowin.net to operate. But you are right, we all have a choice. Kind of like we have a choice to get TiVo to skip commercials. It's not always the best choice though.

He can tell you you can't browse his site unless you wearing pink underwear as well.  He is the owner of the site and is allowed to make the guidelines for the users visiting his site.

Do you pay "fees" to visit neowin monthly?  Would you rather have a monthly charge to visit neowin, or the ads?

586722869[/snapback]

Oh you mean we don't HAVE to wear pink underwear to browse this site? Cause I got a PM from Neobond saying I did.......I guess I'll take these off then.....

exactly.. we pay these fee's for internet access and then we have to get these ads aswell. i'm not complaining that the ads are there, im just upset that you're telling us we can't say that we block ads or whatever

586722855[/snapback]

Erm. not sure if I'm gonna be warned for saying this, but this rule applies to those who SPEAK about blocking Neowin's ad. If you have to block the ad due to some kind of desperate personal issue that makes you vomit every time you see ads, then block it and shut up.

Blocking ad on a forum that you benefit from is pathetic enough; boasting about blocking ad and encouraging others to so is even pathetic and will hurt the forum financially which will get back at you at the end.

Also, you pay ISP for internet connection, not the contents. In your logic, everything on internet must be free, huh?

Well I'm glad that you're finally doing something about this. However it shouldn't be necessary, Neowin's ads are non-intrusive and SUPPORT THE SITE, AS NEOWIN COULDN'T EXIST WITHOUT THE AD REVENUES, but what do I know?

586721850[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done!

Erm. not sure if I'm gonna be warned for saying this, but this rule applies to those who SPEAK about  blocking Neowin's ad. If you have to block the ad due to some kind of desperate personal issue that makes you vomit every time you see ads, then block it and shut up.

Blocking ad on a forum that you benefit from is pathetic enough; boasting about blocking ad and encouraging others to so is even pathetic and will hurt the forum financially which will get back at you at the end.

Also, you pay ISP for internet connection, not the contents. In your logic, everything on internet must be free, huh?

586722925[/snapback]

100% correct.

If you want to block ads from neowin, you can. It is not as though we have the ability to track that sort of thing. However, boasting about it and encouraging others to do it is now off limits.

The reading comprehension skills of some of you guys is really problematic. :no:

It is not as though we have the ability to track that sort of thing.

586723381[/snapback]

Actually, that is possible. In fact, it's not very hard at all. All you have to do is see who requests pages on the normal server, but no pages on ads.neowin.net. That could be done with a script. Then just insta-ban those that block or something.

I better shut up now :whistle:

nice move neobond. and i like how you moved the ads onto ads.neowin, so adblock users can unblock the ads from neowin.

my opinion wont change anything, but i honestly like this choice (Y). ads are not to make neobond a rich man, but to keep his own money in his own pocket, and revenues to be paid towards neowin servers (Y)(Y)

Regarding my post above:

I mentioned Adblock Plus as an alternative to Adblock, because it has whitelisting features and the ability to support websites while blocking ads elsewhere. I posted that too quick, sorry.

I think they are having trouble with the ads right now. I disabled/removed adblocking completely and still only see an ad about once in ever five pages views, and it's the same add every time.

I'm pretty sure that the $13 I paid is much more than the actual revenue that would have been created by me clicking the ads. So therefore, I will continue to block the ads that slow my experience here at Neowin.

Quite true, as I shouldn't have to be told to view ads to help out with money, when I purposly paid to help out instead of clicking the ads.

I'm pretty sure that the $13 I paid is much more than the actual revenue that would have been created by me clicking the ads.  So therefore, I will continue to block the ads that slow my experience here at Neowin.

586724267[/snapback]

And yet you still show blatant disregard for the new rule Neobond is imposing.

Quite true, as I shouldn't have to be told to view ads to help out with money, when I purposly paid to help out instead of clicking the ads.

586724298[/snapback]

The current subscriber service gives you a neowin email address and some added perks... blocking ads is not one of those perks.

When the new subscriber system comes out I believe there will be an option for the add less neowin.

Tell me if I am right or wrong here:

Simply allowing the ads to be shown does not affect Neowin's revenue, it is only if you actually click the ad, correct?

If I am correct, bragging about never click the ads would be doing almost the same as blocking them, right?

Sorry if I am way off, but I think I am not.

Tell me if I am right or wrong here:

Simply allowing the ads to be shown does not affect Neowin's revenue, it is only if you actually click the ad, correct?

If I am correct, bragging about never click the ads would be doing almost the same as blocking them, right?

Sorry if I am way off, but I think I am not.

586724326[/snapback]

In another thread, Neobond said each ad view gets them a little bit of money as well.

The current subscriber service gives you a neowin email address and some added perks... blocking ads is not one of those perks.

When the new subscriber system comes out I believe there will be an option for the add less neowin.

586724317[/snapback]

I do believe what I do on my piece of hardware is my choice.

Good move in my opinion. Going to grab the a subscription when v5 comes along if it contained a add-less version. Was going to get one now but if I get it pre-v5 the add-less option might not be avalible for me at the time.

Or will it?

586724359[/snapback]

Sure it is your choice but as pointed out before Neowin is owned by Neobond and is not your "little piece of hardware". If he wants to put a rule in place (like he has) you have a choice to follow it or not to follow it. If you don't follow it he can (and will) place restrictions on your account. It doesn't matter if your a subscriber or a member.

Regardless, I will not remove my ban of Google ads just for this site, as they are an annoyance on many other sites I visit. If someone can figure out a way to allow Neowin ads and block the rest, tell me.

586724359[/snapback]

They don't want you to block ads you can still do it, not like they "own your machine" just no one wants to know that you do it. It's like someone telling you they **** on your front lawn every morning without you knowing.

Just shhhh.