Vehicle crashs through building.

<snip>

Car Crashes into Medcenter One

You expect peace and quiet at a hospital. It's where you go to recover. But then again, nobody expects someone to drive their car through the lobby. That's what happened at Medcenter One earlier today when a car crashed through the windows by the hospital's main entrance. The crash sent six people, including the driver, down the hall to the emergency room.

The clean up is well underway inside the hospital. With a scene like this you would think there would be more people hurt. Luckily the car didn't hit anyone so most of the injuries were from the flying glass and other debris.

Medcenter One Employee Al John says, "it sounded like an airplane was coming in for a landing."

Al John was working the door when the car slammed through. He says he was shocked and stunned when he turned around and saw the car. His first thought was what can I do to help.

John says, "I went and got some wheelchairs and there was a lady hurt who I knew and I comforted her and held her hand and we shoved some furniture out of the way."

Police say it was fortunate that only six people were injured because with this type of accident the numbers could have been much higher.

Sargent Allen Nass says, "based on the scene we're probably lucky that it was as minimal as it was but still quite a bit of damage."

A spokesman for MedCenter One says that the staff responded to the emergency like clockwork.

Chuck Bartholomay says, "it showed that our crews, our nurses, our physicians and our staff, can respond very quickly to an incident like this."

Three people have been treated and released, two are listed in serious condition and one is stable. Police are saying loss of control caused the accident. The woman hit the gas pedal instead of the brake when trying to park her car.

<snip>

http://www.kfyrtv.com/showNews.asp?whatStory=4259