Tropical Storm Beta

As this hurricane season progresses a new tropical storm has formed near central America. Tropical storm Beta is the 23rd storm and breaks a new record.

:laugh: Yes, it's only Beta ... version 1.0 isn't out yet.  May be unstable and contain bugs. :p

586732500[/snapback]

how can i become a beta tester? :shifty: :woot:

:laugh: Yes, it's only Beta ... version 1.0 isn't out yet. May be unstable and contain bugs. :p

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Tropical Storm Beta formed Thursday in the southwestern Caribbean Sea, extending this year's record of named storms in the Atlantic hurricane season.

Beta is the season's 23rd tropical storm, the most since record keeping began in 1851. The disturbance formed Wednesday night, but forecasters said it was not expected to threaten the United States.

Hurricane season officially ends in late November, which sucks for me as I work in the Insurance Industry...Hurriane Katrina has caused me a vastly increased workload! The last thing I need is anymore. :(

:laugh: Yes, it's only Beta ... version 1.0 isn't out yet.  May be unstable and contain bugs.  :p

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Tropical Storm Beta formed Thursday in the southwestern Caribbean Sea, extending this year's record of named storms in the Atlantic hurricane season.

Beta is the season's 23rd tropical storm, the most since record keeping began in 1851. The disturbance formed Wednesday night, but forecasters said it was not expected to threaten the United States.

586732500[/snapback]

The joke was seen coming... :sleep: Just like the Alpha joke

I just hope it dies. Quickly.

:sigh: The jokes are getting worse and worse.

My family lives in Costa Rica, hope it diverts out to sea and doesnt affect anyone, not just people in Costa Rica

This is something I was just thinking about. Named storms that cause significant damage usually have their name retired, and is never used again (such as Andrew, Betsy, Katrina, etc.). Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if Beta were to be destructive, and next year there would be another 23 named storms? Would Beta be skipped?

This is something I was just thinking about. Named storms that cause significant damage usually have their name retired, and is never used again (such as Andrew, Betsy, Katrina, etc.). Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if Beta were to be destructive, and next year there would be another 23 named storms? Would Beta be skipped?

586732931[/snapback]

Since this has never happened until now, it's time they start rethinking their naming conventions.

dark.. but funny

586732505[/snapback]

LOL :laugh: I know i shouldn't laugh but that was funny. :pinch:

:laugh: Yes, it's only Beta ... version 1.0 isn't out yet.  May be unstable and contain bugs.  :p

586732500[/snapback]

:rofl:
whats next? Tropical Storm RC1?  *joking*

586732597[/snapback]

:rofl: :rofl:

Heres a crazy thought.  Suppose they go through the entire greek alphabet?  :o

586733577[/snapback]

I really don't want to imagine a case when that would happen, but maybe the next step is numbers?