Freedom of Speech

Should racist groups have freedom of speech  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should racist groups have freedom of speech

• Nay
    • Yay
    • Dont Care
    • I dont know

This is my first poll, so forgive me if i did it wrong.

Anyway you know the drill, lets discuss.

I say all racist groups shouldnt have freedom of speech, this goes for the KKK, nazis, black panthers and whosoever else, who dont care for their neighbors / GOD's Children. If you dont have nothing positive to say , dont say nothing at all.

nazis9dk.jpg

I also found this photo, the dude who posted it said: " I weep for the future " and after viewing the picture, i agree. :(

Freedom of speech applies to all, not to a selected segment of society. There is a difference between inciting violence or hatred and free speech. Banning a group that publically incite violence is one thing, but to ban them for their view is another, it isn't the government's business to tell how and what people should think.

No they shoudnt have freedom of speech.

The topic is debatable but when you go deeper and depper into the subject , they should NOT have any freedom of speech. Its not fair for one group to bash another, that doesnt solve somthing even if you whipe out a race or anything it will NEVER solve anything.

I agree , I do weep for the future im 14 , and personaly i dont know if i will ever see peace of in my life time, Hopefully i do.

No they shoudnt have freedom of speech.

The topic is debatable but when you go deeper and depper into the subject , they should NOT have any freedom of speech. Its not fair for one group to bash another, that doesnt solve somthing even if you whipe out a race or anything it will NEVER solve anything.

I agree , I do weep for the future im 14 , and personaly i dont know if i will ever see peace of in my life time, Hopefully i do.

586740165[/snapback]

peace is impossible. i'll stick it in the list of impossibilities (religion, anarchy, communism, etc).

aside from that, i'm quite sure you've bashed one group or another in your lifetime; we all have. and why isn't it fair for one group (or individual) to bash another?

"I completely disagree with what you're saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" - I don't remember who said it but I agree with it.

586740353[/snapback]

Voltaire I believe.

Anyways, yes, they have the right to believe what they want. Nobody should deny another their thoughts. But like many others, if they reach the point where their beliefs could negatively affect many others around them. Such as promoting violence and such.

And personaly i dont know if i will ever see peace of in my life time, Hopefully i do.

586740165[/snapback]

" Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Its good to have enough faith, that the end of this world might happen in our life time. I sure do. :)

they do have the right to free speech, the idea of a group, be it racist or anything have the right to say what ever they want. I don?t care who they are or what they are saying. If they aren?t hurting anyone Physically then I could careless what they are about

If you dont have nothing positive to say , dont say nothing at all.

586739524[/snapback]

ah a double negative, meaning quite the opposite. NICE

now go back to school and learn some grammar. :p

"I completely disagree with what you're saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" - I don't remember who said it but I agree with it.

586740353[/snapback]

Patrick Henry, if I remember right.

no, he was the popular, "give me liberty or give me death" person.

586741226[/snapback]

Hah, you're right. I just googled it. One of the teachers at work has a poster that says it and it says 'Patrick Henry'...i'll have to check on Monday. :o

now go back to school and learn some grammar. :p

586741107[/snapback]

Go read the bible.

Thanks.

:p

I say all groups should have freedom of speech. As long as a group or individualss statements don't pose a threat to someone or a group of people, or are in breach of another law, it is perfectly constitutional.

this shouldn't be a poll imo. they have the right to say whatever they want, but they can't spread propaganda, bs and try to brainwash others. if they are found doing something illegal they should be put in jail and not allowed to speak racistly. (if that's a word)

I'm sorry, but someone had to say it... the girls in the OP are the hottest Nazis ever.

I laugh at the hypocrisy in this thread. You're all for equal rights, except when it makes you feel uncomfortable. Guess what, you're just as bad as they are with that kind of attitude. Either admit that you don't believe in freedom of speech, or grow the hell up and understand what you're saying.

I'm sorry, but someone had to say it... the girls in the OP are the hottest Nazis ever.

I laugh at the hypocrisy in this thread. You're all for equal rights, except when it makes you feel uncomfortable. Guess what, you're just as bad as they are with that kind of attitude. Either admit that you don't believe in freedom of speech, or grow the hell up and understand what you're saying.

586743404[/snapback]

bravo!

We wouldn't need the 1st Amendment if it were only there to protect speech you already agree with. Who wants to ban things they agree with? It's most important virtue is the protection of the unpopular as well as the popular, even if those it protects would deprive others of such protections if given the chance.