Neowin.net is a blank page?

I just went onto the site and realized that the front page is just a blank page, the other sections still work though. Anybody else notice this?

Whew - It's not just me. For a minute I though those aliens had return to finish what they started last itme....

wow. this dosen't look too good. i pm'ed neobond and am waiting for a responce, but told him to not bother if he's busy fixing it. i hope it gets fixed sometime soon:cross:

Originally posted by JasonC1986

wow. this dosen't look too good. i pm'ed neobond and am waiting for a responce, but told him to not bother if he's busy fixing it. i hope it gets fixed sometime soon:cross:

I PM'ed him as well. It does appear that he is working on it as on http://wwww.neowin.net/ it shows 1 active user. I don't know though. :s

My new wallpaper :

http://jayandsilentbob.home.att.net/Desk.jpg

:o

:p

Hopefully the traffic/server load problems will be cleared up soon.

Wild guess is that they'll be forced to delete a lot of the archived posts as they may be causing too much disk activity in conjunction with the normal server load. (Completely SWAG)

You know something - I kinda like the look of the forums without the avatars. Keep the sigs (externally linked as they are now), and ditch the Avatars. At the very least, maybe bring the avatars back with the same external linking as the sigs to reduce server load.

Hmm, I wonder if there is a way to shut off the avatars, as well as other images, unless the viewer is actually a member - so that non-members who browse won't be adding to the server load (the idea being that someone who is a member is more likely to have the images cached on his/her machine and therefore reducing the server load by default)

People. Calm down. Take a deep breath and relax (maybe get a glass of cold water too :p). Websites break sometimes. I'm sure the admins know that there is a problem. And once in a while a user pops in the stats pannel, so you know they are working on it. It will probably be back soon.

well, now there's no active users on the stats screen....

IgwanaRob - I believe that i read in some other thread that the old posts are not the problem because all the old posts do is take up space and Redmak said that neowin had plenty of space, and it's just the server loads that are hurting neowin with MySQL and everything. The only time that the old threads would show is if someone is searching, but that shows up with the newest threads first.

Guys, just sit tight. It is an error with the host and they are working on fixing it. It should be up shortly so just settle down and get outside while you still can! :D j/k

Originally posted by use_imagination

LOLOL

for a moment i thought we had no Neowin for the next hours

The forums were fine, but I hardly ever access Neowin through the front page.