Neowin.net is a blank page?

Originally posted by freeza

me too, i miss having the recent forum posts lol

true, but i used the user cp. it shows everything that i want to know. :)

Originally posted by freeza

me too, i miss having the recent forum posts lol

You can still see the recent forum posts on the game and/or software pages :

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?category=gamers

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?category=software

Still plenty of NeoGoodness to view :D :D

guys - dont forget time zones etm- im in the usa atm - neowond ( work your magic) and redmak (canadian power ranger) are in the nederlands smokin wacky tobaccy- which is 7+ hrs or so - so its not going to get fixed until then - at the earliest.

Till then- moan away here.

Youll be in the history books :D

Originally posted by Hypercube

The largest problem is the server being rebooted. I think they may have installed a new version of php as there is a new serious problem that has been announced :ermm:

Well a few weeks ago Apache was upgraded on the servers and that's when the slow down started I believe, so that might be the problem. It might be an error with the old script that was casuing the slow down.

Originally posted by Mr magoo

guys - dont forget time zones etm- im in the usa atm - neowond ( work your magic) and redmak (canadian power ranger) are in the nederlands smokin wacky tobaccy- which is 7+ hrs or so - so its not going to get fixed until then - at the earliest.

I believe if I have heard right that this is an issue with Hosttyme, so there is nothing that Neobond or Redmak can do, it's all up to the wonderful admins at Hosttyme. And since Hosttyme is in the US (Eastern TZ) then it should still be able to get fixed tonight.

I believe if I have heard right that this is an issue with Hosttyme, so there is nothing that Neobond or Redmak can do, it's all up to the wonderful admins at Hosttyme. And since Hosttyme is in the US (Eastern TZ) then it should still be able to get fixed tonight.

why?

every thing else works!

why?

every thing else works!

yep, and not only that, but the gamers and software front pages work as well. :ermm:

someone asked me this, so I will ask you all: do you think this is a result of sabatoge?

they maybe upgrading their php, but then again if they were wouldn't the gamers and software front pages be blank as well? and wouldn't the forums be down as well? :ermm:

Originally posted by brn2prgrm

Well a few weeks ago Apache was upgraded on the servers and that's when the slow down started I believe, so that might be the problem. It might be an error with the old script that was casuing the slow down.

Tyme made a post referring to the newest version of vBulletin not being able to handle the load correctly. Doesn't anyone read the other threads?!?

Originally posted by IgwanaRob

Tyme made a post referring to the newest version of vBulletin not being able to handle the load correctly. Doesn't anyone read the other threads?!?

but would this have anything to do w/ the front page being blank and the fact that the gamers and software front pages work?

tess- please dont talk rubbish- not only is it idle speculation (and wrong speculation) but its just not true. Yes- i also see a db restructuring in the future- but this isnt a db problem- we can see that on the basis that the games and software news stick works. i dont know the main page dont work but it will be fixed soon.

tess- please dont talk rubbish- not only is it idle speculation (and wrong speculation) but its just not true.

what rubbish? :ponder:

Granted, I have no inside info and do not know how Neowin is setup, but it is possible software.neowin.net, games.neowin.net, and the forums and what not are seperate servers.

As its apache, its quite possible we are saved because we are either seperate servers (via the Zone settings [dns]) or seperate hard drives/machines via virtual hosts/aliases.

If its all one big box/setup.. then PHP isn't down cause that's what you are viewing. Apache isn't down cause we wouldn't be able to even view a blank page (it'd say no server found or such.)

Just sit back and relax. It'll get fixed, and if not. We'll set fires and dance naked in the glory of it all!!

... ok.. I'm just a *little* obsessed with Neowin.. :x

just to say- we are on 1 server- all of it-that is unless tyme has changed us on too 3 servers... one for front page, one for sql, and one for forums?

how kind hosttyme !

i think not :(

Silly silly peeps...there are always mods online...some of us just browse in stealth mode.

The zombie is always watching.:evil:

Thanks for everyone's patience. The staff knows the sites having problems. Everything will be fixed. Just ignore any problems you experience and before you know it everything will be peaches and sunshine again.

Originally posted by deadzombie

Silly silly peeps...there are always mods online...some of us just browse in stealth mode.

well, then..

i got your back ;)