• Jeb Bush
    • Bill Frist
    • Chuck Hagel
    • John McCain
    • George Allen
    • Sam Brownback
    • George Pataki
    • Mitt Romney

Wrong country OrangeSoul. As a Canadian you should only be concerned about if you're voting Liberal or Conservative...

Ironically, which I would traditionally identify with the Democratic party, the Republicans do seem to have better leaders especially when it comes to making a second or third choice. Was is Colin Powell not listed? Is there no chance of him running at all?

I mean, I can't stand Bush (or any social conservatives) but even limiting myself to the fiscal conservatives there seem to be more options.

I'm going to have to go with Condeleeza Rice on this one.

She might not be the greatest thing to look at, but she was the former NSA advisor to the president, current Sec. of State, and she's well above genius. She's an accomplished pianist, and competitive figure skater. I also think, iirc, she finished high school and college early as well.

Thats just the basics I pulled off of a few queries, but there a bunch more on her never-questioned art of intimidation with her brains. She's probably the best bet for the White House.

Whether her race or sex comes into the picture is a matter for another day. But beneath it all, she's one tough person.

Jeb won't run, his wife won't let him. Mcain and Guliani are too liberal to get the nomination of the party. George Allen will be our next Republican nominee. :yes:

Jeb won't run, his wife won't let him.  Mcain and Guliani are too liberal to get the nomination of the party.  George Allen will be our next Republican nominee.  :yes:

586770164[/snapback]

You're probably right, but Rudy showed great leadership in NYC 2001...

Jeb won't run, his wife won't let him.  Mcain and Guliani are too liberal to get the nomination of the party.  George Allen will be our next Republican nominee.  :yes:

586770164[/snapback]

God I hope not...I'd only vote for McCain out of that bunch, then I'd vote Dem.

You're probably right, but Rudy showed great leadership in NYC 2001...

586770329[/snapback]

No doubt about that, but being pro-choice and pro-gay marriage will nix him for the nomination.

McCain then maybe Guliani.

It's all about Wesley Clark in 2008 though :)

586770362[/snapback]

Wesley I'm a Republican/I'm a Democrat Clark? No chance.

same for me

586772528[/snapback]

MCcain is also going to be 72 years old in '08, I don't think he's nearly as enthusiastic about another run as he was last time. Reagan was our oldest elected President at 69.

MCcain is also going to be 72 years old in '08, I don't think he's nearly as enthusiastic about another run as he was last time.  Reagan was our oldest elected President at 69.

586775627[/snapback]

I'd tend to agree. He may want the presidency, but I don't think enough people would support him because of his age.