Pastor's Katrina remark

I was just looking at some old clips of CNN and saw the one with the Pastor/Priest/Reverend/whatever talking about hurricane Katrina as being the wrath of god. And it was based on looking at the reality of the situation and then finding random bible snippets to support his theory. Well then it just occured to me that the theory of evolution works the same way. (By the way, no, I am not religious.) We see the reality of today that is we humans as being smarter and better than primitive animals and then we come up with random theories to explain why that is true. So then how are our theories of evolution better than the reverend's theory?

you have got to be kidding; science doesn't work that way. there's a difference. science is based on fact, not faith, as religion is. um what else, you ask? there's no proof of this wacko's ideas, neither is there with evolution. anything else?

you have got to be kidding; science doesn't work that way. there's a difference. science is based on fact, not faith, as religion is. um what else, you ask? there's no proof of this wacko's ideas, neither is there with evolution. anything else?

586775589[/snapback]

Evolution has alot of evidence to back itself up.

Evolution has alot of evidence to back itself up.

586779222[/snapback]

Yes and there is still a lot missing. It is taught pretty much as fact but it is far from. Heck they haven't even proved a connection with modern day humans and a definate pre human species.