MacOS 9.2 over MacOS X??

How do you install MacOS 9.2 after you already installed OS X? I thought OS X already included OS 9.2, but when I tried to call up classic mode, it said I had to install OS 9.2 first.

That is odd, it should already be installed. I am assuming you are trying to start Classic from the System Preferences? Do you have your OS 9 System Folder in your OS X hard drive?

if you have more than one partition just pop in the os9 cd, start the system from that and install it.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Zerosignull

u can get a basic instalatsion of MOS 9.x by just dragin the sytem folder from the cd to the hard drive

I tried exactly this, and I get an error about permissions. I'd really hate to have to reformat just to get classic back on my machine.

Is there a way to fix the permissions? or should I just reformat? :(

Originally posted by Dazzla

I had to reformat when I done this. It's similar to the installing of 98 before you install XP. Same principal applies.

That's what I was affraid of. Thanks a lot for your help dazzla...

Originally posted by Dazzla

I had to reformat when I done this. It's similar to the installing of 98 before you install XP. Same principal applies.

Really? Why couldn't you select the OSX system folder in the Startup Disk Control Panel in OS9?

Originally posted by Rivak

Really? Why couldn't you select the OSX system folder in the Startup Disk Control Panel in OS9?

Because when I clean installed OS X, the option which says "Install OS 9 disk drivers", I unchecked. Therefore, when I booted from the OS 9 CD it couldn't detect the drive to install on other then formatting.