Britons fall silent for war dead

Millions of people across Britain have remembered those who have died in war

as a two-minute silence was held to mark Armistice Day.

The silence, at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, represented the

moment when all guns stopped at the end of World War I.

The public fell silent as Big Ben chimed at 1100 GMT.

Britain's oldest veteran, 109-year-old Henry Allingham, travelled to France to lay a

wreath at a British memorial.

Source: BBC News

I'm so ****ed off - I was talking about some work stuff to someone and looked at the clock and it was 11:03! :|

My dad does loads of work for the British Legion and i've always been bought up to respect this kind of thing and I sodding well missed it.. not happy :(

I'm so ****ed off - I was talking about some work stuff to someone and looked at the clock and it was 11:03! :|

My dad does loads of work for the British Legion and i've always been bought up to respect this kind of thing and I sodding well missed it.. not happy :(

586796095[/snapback]

The only reason i remember was because my brother was listening to the radio. I usually forget. Glad i didn't this year.

586796095[/snapback]

Yeah, that sucks. I woke up at 1AM and thought "oh ****"...