NFSMW + Logitech Wingman Cordless Rumblepad

I'm having problems with my Logitech Wingman Cordless Gamepad in combination with need for speed most wanted, my left analog stick deviates to the left....

* I use the right analog stick for acceleration, and the left analog stick for steering

* The left analog stick deviates to the left, when I play NFSMW my car deviates to the left, and it's very difficult to keep a fast car on the road (at 300+km/u) I constantly need to steer to the right, and can't follow a straight line.

* When I keep the left analog stick centered, about alf the time, it deviates to the left, the other half it is working perfectly.

* When I push the handle in all directions, it stops deviating for about 2 minutes, and then it begins again.

* Whether I install the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS 4.60) software or use the standard Windows XP, doesn't change anything.

* Using tweakprograms such as DXtweak2.exe (e.g. changing the deadzone) doesn't change anything either.

* When I use the standard XP driver, and I calibrate the gamepad, I see very clearly that when I leave the left analog stick centered, the cursor in the image is in fact not 100% in the middle, but a little to the left!

A lot of people on other boards report the same problem, and it seems that it has something to to with the combination of this gamepad and DirectX. The gamepad only uses 256 values to define the position of the analog stick, whereas DirectX uses 64000+ ... during this interpolation there seems to be a problem, it doesn't calculate the center value correctly - it translates it to a value which is more to the left...

So, my actual question is ... does anyone have a solution for this problem? - if not, I'm gonna have to go buy a new gamepad :/

I am using an Xbox 360 controller for windows, and I also find myself slowly drifting to the side. I had never heard of dxtweak, so I looked, and under the description of dxtweak2 I found this:

Note: Under Windows? 2000/XP, the deadzone setting cannot be saved.  This is a DirectX issue and will hopefully be resolved in the next release of DirectInput.

It would appear that you changing your deadzone really didn't do anything, and I would guess that is why you aren't driving straight in game. I would guess this is an issue with the deadzone in Most Wanted, rather than anything else, as I experience it as well.

I have the same problem on my Logitech Rumblepad. It seems to me more a factor, not that its 'pulling', but that centering the controller does not center the car after making a left turn (i.e. you have to move it back to center by compensating to the right). Is this supposed to be some bid for realism? It sucks if so. I'd love a fix as well.

When I used to have a force feedback controller by some generic company, I had the same problem with Underground 2. After I lost it and got a Logitech Dual Action, I didn't have the problem anymore. And it works fine in the Most Wanted demo, doesn't have that problem.

I have the same one, but its the corded one (I hate cordless) and it works fine for me :)

No issues at all.

If your using the drivers from the CD that came with it, download new drivers from logitech, it might help if u haven't tried that ;)

• 3 weeks later...

You'll find it is an issue with EA games i think. I have a PS2 adapter and a 360 pad and one pulls left and the other pulls right :p

It is because the deadzone is non-existent. Most games have a default deadzone i find, even if theres no options to set it.

hmm, i have this controller, but after getting my xbox controller setup for my pc, i haven't touched it. if i get a chance, i will test it out though. however, if you're gonna get a new controller, i'd recommend an xbox or xbox 360 one.