Republicans & Democrats

Sorry but this is really getting on my nerves. I posted a joke the other day about Bush and instead of staying a joke, it became a political debate. WHY THE **** ARE YOU PEOPLE SO IGNORANT? :angry: I really hate to display anger but this is becoming a serious problem. Democrats (some) and Republicans (some) are no better than the Bloods & The Crips. YES I SAID IT! YES I COMPARED POLITICAL PARTIES TO GANGS! I overheard a conversation here at work and this guy was like; "Only a dumb**** republican would say something like that!" I sat there speechless. Look around the forums on Neowin. there is tons of anti-other party slogans and this **** is getting old.

Now adonai, I have respect for the guy/girl and in NO way am I trying to flame so forgive me if I come off rude but...

You're right...if this is the best the left can do as opposed to actually engaging on substance and issues it actually helps the Republicans more than hurting.  Carry on.

That is what he said about a JOKE! It was JUST A JOKE!!! It is NOT that serious, it is a damn joke!!!

Can someone explain to me WHAT you hate about the other party? Seriously, I want some insight.

And yes this is sort of a rant, put it in The Soapbox... :angry:

Polotics can sometimes be as funny as a heart attack. That is the problem. Often it has led to so much hurt and destruction through the years that it is hard to laugh or joke about it.

I often think the only thing that stops us from killing each other is the law and the police - because there is enough resentment there - and the forces of the left and the right do see the world so differently. (More so these days than ever before).

There is a natural condition in man that leans towards war and resentment - and it is really probably a very difficult thing to suppress.

Give me a gun and suitable conditions for a revolution - and I too could be tempted.

GJ