Baghdad Security Guards Shoot Civilians

I really don't know where else this would go but anyways...

Source: The Washington Times

LONDON -- A video appearing to show private security guards in Baghdad randomly shooting Iraqi civilians has sparked two investigations after it was posted on the Internet.

The video, which first appeared on a Web site that has been linked unofficially to Aegis Defense Services -- one of the biggest security companies operating in Iraq -- contained four separate clips, in which security guards open fire with automatic rifles at civilian cars.

All of the shooting incidents apparently took place on "route Irish," a road that links the airport to Baghdad.

The road has acquired the dubious distinction of being the most dangerous in the world because of the number of suicide attacks and ambushes carried out by insurgents against coalition troops. In one four-month period earlier this year, it was the scene of 150 attacks.

In one of the recorded attacks, a Mercedes is fired on at a distance of several hundred yards before it crashes in to a civilian taxi.

In another clip, a white civilian car is raked with machine gun fire as it approaches an unidentified security company vehicle. Bullets can be seen hitting the vehicle before it comes to a slow stop.

There are no clues as to the shooter but either a Scottish or Irish accent can be heard in at least one of the clips above Elvis Presley's, "Mystery Train," the music which accompanies the video.

A spokesman for Aegis confirmed yesterday that the company was carrying out an internal investigation to see if any of their employees were involved.

The Foreign Office has also confirmed that it is investigating the contents of the video in conjunction with Aegis.

Aegis Defense Services was set up in 2002 by Tim Spicer, a former officer in Britain's Scots Guards military unit.

The company was recently awarded a security contract in Iraq by the U.S. government for nearly $400 million.

Aegis conducts a number of security duties and helped with the collection of ballot papers in the country's recent constitutional referendum.

Video

WMP- http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Aegis-PSD.wmv

QT- http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Aegis-PSD.mov

Getting out of hand over there it seems..

And just to think that as soon as my eyes heal up, I'll probably work as a security officer (big $ and will only work at weekends).

It's a good thing to know that I'm mentally unstable.

What's the coolest part? The fact that they are brown, or not Christians, or both?

The fact it didnt work for me in firefox. Just got it to work in explorer though and I have no clue who is driving that car.

Whats this Christian fetish you got anyways?

Whats this Christian fetish you got anyways?

The Christian religion has done tons of good things. Any religion that preaches love, forgiveness, and caring for the poor is ok in my book. The Christian religion is definitely in the top ten of beliefs that have made the world a better place.

It just really bugs me when people use that beautiful belief and twist it to justify hate.

I apologize for my curt posting. I thought you were being flippant about the shooting of random people, not video issues. Sorry.