Dell 3007WFP

Ummm, good news!

Two things 4 me:

1) new extra wide 30" monitor is coming... (i like that hi-gadgets ;))

2) price 4 my future purchase 2405FPW will be lower and cheaper after this rls :D

P.S. And yes, my opinion 2405FPW is really enough for end-user and even for designers...i cant imagine why do u need 30" monitor?

30" monitors are very nice for editing photos, not for much else besides saying you have one though. 2560x1600 is alot of resolution, especially if it is 5120x1600 too!

and i was right

DELL was trying to UNLOAD their current line, thats why all those dells latelly where so cheap

and how they are comming out with a new line thats HDCP compatible

the problem is, "they" are making monitors with both... so HDMI is great, but HDCP sucks... but you'll have to buy a TV with both soon.. no matter what

no one likes HDCP, but you need to face the music

blu-ray will use

hd-dvd will use it

unless you want to watch your high definition dvds, in 480p only, then go buy a monitor\tv with out hdcp

and if you want to see it in full 1080p glory, go buy a monitor\tv with hdcp

form my ac manager at dell

Hello Michael

I have gotten an estimated time of the first week in January, I have to emphasize that it is an estimated time and could change, Pricing is currently not available, I will However make it a point to follow up on this before Christmas, email you any revised dates and hopefully get some pricing,

Many thanks

John

regarding UK release

Ummm, good news!

Two things 4 me:

1) new extra wide 30" monitor is coming... (i like that hi-gadgets ;))

2) price 4 my future purchase 2405FPW will be lower and cheaper after this rls :D

Why would the 24 inch model be made cheaper? If things are going as they seem they are at the lowest price they will reach right now as they get rid of them to replace it with the 2407. I dont think you will see a price drop in the 24 inch range....it's not like theres currently any strict competition yet that is forcing them to drop prices. I'm sure they will simply stop selling the 2405 and will sell the 2407 for the same price (before coupons). Thats my guess but I firmly believe it makes sense...especially if they can offload the remaining 2405's durring the chrsitmas rush. If you realllly want a 2405 get it now while its cheap, look for coupons. otherwise your probably better off nor no worse of anyway waiting for the 2407 with HDCP support. I cant see them raising the price of the newer model.

edit: In australia there has been about 2 or 3 weeks worth of sales on this monitor for 25% off plus a free tv receiver/keyboard/whatever over the past month. It really seems like they want to get these out the door soon.

others have hinted at it and ppl made mention of it Id say so, I mean its not as if this 30" one has officially been announced either (well ive seen no official announcement). Anyway I guess you could say its pure speculation, but I'm only regurgitating what others have said and the 2405 is getting on nowdays and I can see no reason why they wouldnt want a HDCP compatible monitor out there.

So yeah, I have no proof, I just heard speculation *shrugs*

What's up with the 14ms response time? Shame on you Dell... you're better than that.
I find that quite impressive for a 30 inch display. The current 24 inch one is 16ms (12ms grey - grey)

i was thinking of getting the 24" dell, but its not absolutley nessecary (sp?) as i can live with my currrent CRT for a few more months - so maybe i will wait for the 30"- but i was also thinkg multi monitrs ;)

I just can't wait to see some bench marks at the native resolution. I am going to assume that you're going to want AT LEAST a 7800GTX...if not two running in SLI to be able to play something like BF2 in 2560x1600. I hate playing games on my 20" LCD unless I am running in my native res of 1680x1050.

Here are some numbers to think about:

Battlefield 2 with a high end PC and a single NVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB card runs at 63 FPS in 2048x1536. A 7800 GTX w/256MB of memory runs that resolution at 47.6 FPS. I am thinking that in order to run at over 60 FPS in 2560x1600...you will need to be running two 7800 GTX (512MB version) in SLI.

I think I will probably sell my 20" Dell widescreen and upgrade to the 30" in about a year, when the price has come down on both the LCD and the 7800. And maybe by that time there will be a single card option that matches the performance of two 7800 GTX's.

I think I will stick with my Dual 2405FPW setup. By the time I need HDCP there will be another line of monitors out by Dell and I will take advantage of the cheaper prices of this line.

I think I will stick with my Dual 2405FPW setup. By the time I need HDCP there will be another line of monitors out by Dell and I will take advantage of the cheaper prices of this line.

Damn, that's crazy ... you have two? :D Sweet ...

I just can't wait to see some bench marks at the native resolution. I am going to assume that you're going to want AT LEAST a 7800GTX...if not two running in SLI to be able to play something like BF2 in 2560x1600. I hate playing games on my 20" LCD unless I am running in my native res of 1680x1050.

and 6 months after the two 512 7800's will probably look terrible anyway. It's gona be quite a while before we can propperly game at such an insane resolution and current games like FEAR encounter a huge performance loss with increases of the resolution due to the dynamic lighting and particle effects.

I reckon I can squeeze 2 - 2.5 years on a good graphics card using a 1280x1024 or 1024x768. Id be really interested to see how long you could play any games on these monitors before a new engine that comes out, pushes the new video card and thus reduces any hope of gaming at that res.

Nice monitor but. I'll get a 24 inch one and probably game with a letterbox/fill.

Here are some numbers to think about:

Battlefield 2 with a high end PC and a single NVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB card runs at 63 FPS in 2048x1536. A 7800 GTX w/256MB of memory runs that resolution at 47.6 FPS. I am thinking that in order to run at over 60 FPS in 2560x1600...you will need to be running two 7800 GTX (512MB version) in SLI.

I think I will probably sell my 20" Dell widescreen and upgrade to the 30" in about a year, when the price has come down on both the LCD and the 7800. And maybe by that time there will be a single card option that matches the performance of two 7800 GTX's.

thats the only thing that stopped me from buying a big monitor

right now i have 7800GT SLI, i think that should me enough to play most games in 1680x1050 with 4xaa and 8xaf :|

not getting a dell, 21 inch gateway ;)

yee guys nice choice on those gateways. I'm getting myself a Gateway too. Their monitors are the best out there right now.

As far as the new dell goes, its decent. The response time and color ratio is crap but the resolution is nice.

Info I obtained today from Samsung, for what it is worth:

Samsungs own 30" raw lcd panel is spec'ed at 1000 with 8ms grey. The initial Dell 30" release will (according to Samsung engineering) more than likely be an LG panel, same as in the Apple. This info is current as of today from the Samsung engineering team that produces and supplies the lcd raw panels to Dell and other manufacturers. It is also possible that later on, some Samsung 30" panels may show up in the same 3007 monitor as the current LG panels without a spec change since Dell has to go with the lowest spec of the possible variations of the included raw panel used, but the initial supply will NOT be Samsung, again according to Samsung reps. Whether Dell is under specing the LG 30" panel as they did with the 2405fpw is unknown at the present time. The Samsung 30" Monitor for retail is still up in the air and will probably take a cue from the Dell 3007 sales as far as when and how much production, but it is clear that it probably has a better spec than the LG/3007.

Info I obtained today from Samsung, for what it is worth:

Samsungs own 30" raw lcd panel is spec'ed at 1000 with 8ms grey. The initial Dell 30" release will (according to Samsung engineering) more than likely be an LG panel, same as in the Apple. This info is current as of today from the Samsung engineering team that produces and supplies the lcd raw panels to Dell and other manufacturers. It is also possible that later on, some Samsung 30" panels may show up in the same 3007 monitor as the current LG panels without a spec change since Dell has to go with the lowest spec of the possible variations of the included raw panel used, but the initial supply will NOT be Samsung, again according to Samsung reps. Whether Dell is under specing the LG 30" panel as they did with the 2405fpw is unknown at the present time. The Samsung 30" Monitor for retail is still up in the air and will probably take a cue from the Dell 3007 sales as far as when and how much production, but it is clear that it probably has a better spec than the LG/3007.

I thought Samsung used PVA most of the time, while LG used S-IPS? If so, the specs will definitely vary if they change the panel. Although I personally like S-IPS more, in current gen versions at least.

I thought Samsung used PVA most of the time, while LG used S-IPS? If so, the specs will definitely vary if they change the panel. Although I personally like S-IPS more, in current gen versions at least.

This monitor does look really sweet. But here is my 2 cents. I know the first Blu-Ray players are supposed to be realeased sometime in January. But they are going to be so damn expensive just like DVD burners were and we are going to have to wait for the PS3 for them to go mainstream. The point is, by the time Blu-Ray burners become cost effective in PCs all of the supporting technology will have changed as well, for example we now have the Pentium D processor (dual core technology), with this changing why by a monitor that is gong to be obsolete as well, i know 30" will always be 30" but im personally wating for SED displays with the clairity of CRTs, 8600:1 contrast ratio and 1ms response time. SED

Then again by the time these are afordable there will be something new, i would wait until Blu-Ray is affordable and then get a sutible monitor.

HDCP is not going to be easy to crack, as the DRM keys are going to change constantly. So when you buy that little device that strips the code (they already exist by the way for about $500) and you use it on you Sony t.v. it will work for alittle while until you put the next Sony dvd in your player updating the keys and rendering your stripper into a worthless piece of plastic.

HDCP ****es me off so bad, f*ck you Hollywood!!!!! Burn in hell with your HDCP and DRM!!!

Here's some more shots

360 shot

pictures4bf.jpg

Control buttons

buttons0ca.jpg

Monitor control interface (no more On-Screen Display, all monitor control functions are through software, using USB)

dialog9sa.jpg