What the hell did the admins do

God, I feel so relaxed knowing it's not my site to admin and sort out :p

I'm used to being the admin guy people are always shouting at to get sites updated, and it's DAMN stressful! Knowing someone else is on it is so good.

Dont know if you understand what I mean, But meh. :)

Good work Guys :hug:

These past few weeks have really shown me how I'd suffer without Neowin.

God, I feel so relaxed knowing it's not my site to admin and sort out :p

I'm used to being the admin guy people are always shouting at to get sites updated, and it's DAMN stressful! Knowing someone else is on it is so good.

Dont know if you understand what I mean, But meh. :)

Good work Guys :hug:

These past few weeks have really shown me how I'd suffer without Neowin.

Only stressful when things aren't working. Like when I screw up the only forum skin.

What does "teething" mean. I found something about it doing with babies and their teeth growing?

Yeah, "teething" is what babies get when they're new teeth grow through. The word is used as a metaphor sometimes, it basically means the problems that occur with something that is new ie. the new servers. Don't know how to explain it better, I can speak the language but my understanding is limited :pinch:

Thanks for the update Neobond!

Ah, cool. Glad to see the forums are back up. The blog things are pretty cool to... all in all, it looks like things are coming together.

BTW, is there any chance our topic subscriptions will return?

Ah, cool. Glad to see the forums are back up. The blog things are pretty cool to... all in all, it looks like things are coming together.

BTW, is there any chance our topic subscriptions will return?

Timdorr answered this in another thread, basically the answer is no they are to far along to fix that. Not a big bug really, small annoyances like this will be sooooo worth it when Neowin is fully updated into NW5.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=403678

Bug in the upgrader. However, we're well past that, so there's nothing we can do to fix it at this point. You'll just have to re-subscribe.

Incompetence is the condition of a person who is unable to properly perform his or her duty. Someone should lose his/her job for this outage. I'm just happy it's not me that has messed up. I would be handed my butt on a plate if I did screw up such a simple thing as a migration this bad. Heads roling downhill is never a pretty sight. Hope it works out for you soon.

Incompetence is the condition of a person who is unable to properly perform his or her duty. Someone should lose his/her job for this outage. I'm just happy it's not me that has messed up. I would be handed my butt on a plate if I did screw up such a simple thing as a migration this bad. Heads roling downhill is never a pretty sight. Hope it works out for you soon.

True, though we're not paying these guys to do this for us under contract (as I'm assuming you are in your job with other websites/systems).

ETA on the site being back on please? i miss it!! i would rather have the old one back on than wait a week until the new 1 is up and nearly fully functional. bad p.r for neowin having their site down for about 3-4 days now.

^^ hot picture of brisbane mate.... living on the gold coast at the moment, love hitting up brissie though. underrated city in my opinion

Thanks yeah I love Brisbane you guys got hit hard with that rain the other night.

We lost a historical tree where I live in Brisbane with the wild weather.

haha yeah, seems like everyday at 4pm we get a thunderstorm... its cool though, i love watching them come over. nothing like sitting on the balcony watching the lightning with a VB.

anyway, i hope the main page gets up soon, it feels like someone demolished the front of the neowin house but you can still get in the back lol

I thought M$ own neowin.net :| but I'm glad you explain what happen. Neowin.net will be back soon :)

:rofl: Umm no MS gave Neowin a kick up the bum once for something that was posted on the forums but they don?t own them:wacko:o:

I saw somewhere they hope to have a basic or skeleton main page up today.

Keep the comments tasteful people

Actually, that was said yesterday and I don't think anything went up.

:rofl: Umm no MS gave Neowin a kick up the bum once for something that was posted on the forums but they don?t own them:wacko:o:

What was posted on the forums that microsoft didn't like?