Question

Please update the batch script to reflect this:

@echo Installing patched uxtheme.dll 
ren %windir%\system32\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.old
del %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\uxtheme.dll
copy /b /y uxtheme.dll %windir%\system32\uxtheme.dll
copy /b /y uxtheme.dll %windir%\system32\dllcache\uxtheme.dll
pause

This works on all systems, even systems where windows is not installed in c:\windows.

Try to write proper batch scripts and clean them of all your personal **** like "rem deltree..." etc..

I know the /b option for copy isn't really necessary but it's the proper way to do it when you are handling binary files.

Tip: For far better installers try NSIS

Another tip: If you just want something else that looks more decent than the standard **** of a theme Microsoft bundles with their fat OS, fetch Royale Noir theme and unpack in %windir%\resources\themes (see the %windir% thing I just did there? I think you get it). Oh and you need something that can unpack 7z archives. 7-zip will do that just fine (and bonus: It's a really nice and fast archive program).

Edited by saivert

Just moved to 64bit XP

(It feels really sad when shutting down your 32bit OS from the last time its like moving day : < )

Has anybody found a working patch for XP x64 SP2?

Right now Im stuck using Zune. :x

Haha, same here. I loved Zune like 2 years ago but now I am getting bored of it. :/ ... I'll post as soon as I find a working parch. :)

Hello. Neat post. There's a problem with the web site in firefox, and you may want to test this... The browser is the market chief and a big portion of people will leave out your excellent writing because of this problem.