Server too busy..

mysql server restart.

i actauly converted the sessions table to a HEAP, so every one's session got reset when we restarted.

hence, we have a low number of people on the board for now :D

Originally posted by Keldyn

200 people eh?

I just snapped a screenie of this...

wtf.jpg

*sniff* So alone...so very alone....:disappoin

that's strange... :s

mine shows 193 ppl right now

I might be being a bit dramatic but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let Neowin.net go down like 3DGames.com :disappoin

Does anyone remember good old 3DGames.com?? *sobs*

All the good things with puters go... 3DFX... 3DGames.com... Neowin.net??? :ponder: NOOOOOooooooo!!!! :dead:

Originally posted by thancock

I might be being a bit dramatic but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let Neowin.net go down like 3DGames.com :disappoin

Does anyone remember good old 3DGames.com?? *sobs*

All the good things with puters go... 3DFX... 3DGames.com... Neowin.net??? :ponder: NOOOOOooooooo!!!! :dead:

like configure said Neowin isn't going no where

it's here to stay!

just needs to resolve the server probs though...:D

I too support advertisements, just non-popups one's if possible.

Although, I dont see how that would make things better, you guys are getting pretty damn good *free hosting* from hosttyme, and adding advertisements would almost mean you will change hosts..I trust that there maybe some programming kinks you can workout to increase efficiency.

Dont need me to tell you how entertaining this site is.

did we need to get rid of the view new posts?? lol. i loved that button on my links bar. just click it and there they all are, but now it's gone :(

oh well, at least people are working on the problems. thanks guys and good luck :)

The irony of it all.. trying to access a thread talking about server overloads and then getting a Server Too Busy message :s ...

Anyway, Neowin is just about one of the best places I've seen on the Net yet.. I wouldn't mind disabling both avatars and signatures to help reduce load, if it would help..

Another suggestion ( I'm not sure if this is possible) would be to cache the frontpage.. such that it is served statically rather than dynamic...