Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

Help!! Has anyone else suddenly lost the ability to log on to their account with Live Messenger? For the past couple of days I can't log on, yet I can with msn messenger at work, so I know it's a problem with Live. Can anyone suggest what to do next?

• 1 month later...

2 question about Window live messenger.

1. Is Remote Assistance still built in. It used to be under activities but I can't seem to find it anymore. It was real useful being there.

2. Is is possible to change your mail box. When I click the goto my inbox, it takes me to Outlook Express. Can this be changed?

Thanks

2 question about Window live messenger.

1. Is Remote Assistance still built in. It used to be under activities but I can't seem to find it anymore. It was real useful being there.

2. Is is possible to change your mail box. When I click the goto my inbox, it takes me to Outlook Express. Can this be changed?

Thanks

1: Yes it's still there.

2: It always opens IE (soon to be Firefox when I get Plus! Live and the special plugin) for me :/

1: Yes it's still there.

2: It always opens IE (soon to be Firefox when I get Plus! Live and the special plugin) for me :/

1. For the life of me I can't find it. Still under Actions? I do not see "Ask for Assistance" anywhere. It was plain as day on 7.5. You could ask any contact who was online for assistance.

2. When you hit the icon for mail "go to my in-box"(it's on the main window below you status) it opens outlook express. Thats what I want to change. IE I use anyway.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 so it might be different for you.

1. Press the activites button, near the bottom under My Activities it says 'Request Remote Assistance'

2. Are you using a hotmail passport account? I think any passport that doesnt use hotmail or WL Mail opens up Outlook Express.

I'm using Win XP SP2 also. I will check it out when I get home thanks.

I don't use hotmail, I use yahoo. I wish there was a way to change it so it does not open outlook express. I don't use it anymore, I go online.

thanks