My BF2 CD key...

First of all let me just state that this is an authentic DVD game. And before you reply with "its on your cd case/manual", please read below.

For the past 3 days I have been looking high and low for my BF2 case and manual. Which is the only source I have of retrieving my original cd key.

I have been playing online for the past couple of weeks, but my computer randomly encounted a bug/virus as you can read about in my topic neowin.net - worst xp crash/bug I'v encounted

I still have my harddrives with all my media and games stored on it.

I was hoping that somehow I could retrieve the cd key from the BF2 directory stored on my games harddrive somehow? Can I find it using another computer (i.e. put my games HDD into my mates comp and find it there)

Is this possible?

Its on the manual, think its on the back on the top... Its not really noticable cuz its print is not as good as the one you see on an XP cd or something... I also heard that a few were shipped without the key, if that is the case, you should contact EA. :)

I'm not sure if there is a way to access the registry without logging into Windows (which apparently you can't do) but if there is, then the only way of getting your key would be from there.

Dont want to sound like a noob lol :p but how do I access the registry?

Also, you guys realise the game itself is installed on my GAMES harddrive, which was installed on my computer about a month ago. Will the infomation still be stored in the registry even though I have reinstalled windows on a different harddrive?

Bah its not there :s Cause Im on a fresh install on XP...

my old windows directory is still on my other harddrive. Will i be able to retrieve it from that?

note: I cant boot into the actual OS though. Im reading it as if it were a slave HDD, if you know what Im trying to say.

You can access the registry of an unbooted installation of Windows in Regedit by going to file > load hive and then selecting hive files. You can find those files in \documents and settings\[username]\ (ntdata.dat) and \windows\system32\config\ (system, software). More info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....istry_hives.asp