Do you use Warez?

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Warez?

• Yes
    • No

May i enquire as to the purpose of this thread? This has been done in the past....I don't think we need to further bring to public attention that the majority of our members are a bunch of warez loving monkeys . *ahem* I did not say that...:paranoid:

Originally posted by Keldyn

May i enquire as to the purpose of this thread? This has been done in the past....I don't think we need to further bring to public attention that the majority of our members are a bunch of warez loving monkeys . *ahem* I did not say that...:paranoid:

:D...im not a warez monkey...its just, money does not have the same value as it did....i wish **** was still like a nickel for a candy bar back in the day...either way ****s too expensive and i dont like paying for it :D

Well Keldyn...well could point out alternatives...maybe. Except threads for that already exist :rolleyes:

I used to use warez, but now I just use either a)the software that comes with my hardware (thanks Lite-On for finally giving me a legit copy of Nero :p ) or b) freeware. Actually, I've been using freeware for a long time, but certain apps (let's say one that begins with a P and ends with a p, and has "hotosho" in between, for instance) were beyond the realm of freeware. Now, I just don't care. If I can't get it for free, I just don't get it at all, or I go buy it at the store.

Originally posted by threetonesun

Well Keldyn...well could point out alternatives...maybe. Except threads for that already exist :rolleyes:

I used to use warez, but now I just use either a)the software that comes with my hardware (thanks Lite-On for finally giving me a legit copy of Nero :p ) or b) freeware. Actually, I've been using freeware for a long time, but certain apps (let's say one that begins with a P and ends with a p, and has "hotosho" in between, for instance) were beyond the realm of freeware. Now, I just don't care. If I can't get it for free, I just don't get it at all, or I go buy it at the store.

i cannot stand buying software for that much...examples:

photoshop 7 - $560+/-

office xp(2002) - $500+/-

autocad 2002 - $600+/-

**** is TOO expensive...i would never buy it for that much...i wuv my warez :D

Originally posted by elw3irdo

i cannot stand buying software for that much...examples:

photoshop 7 - $560+/-

office xp(2002) - $500+/-

autocad 2002 - $600+/-

**** is TOO expensive...i would never buy it for that much...i wuv my warez :D

Truly it is. I often wonder if more time goes into making a $50 video game or a $500 office suite. Given how many times Word crashes on me versus WC3...I'd put the actual value of Office XP at around $10...maybe $30 with a manual that had pretty pictures in it.

I've never paid for an operating system, Office suite, or development package (i.e. Adobe ) in my life.

the only thing I have ever paid for are games.

I have several thousand dollars worth of warez on my machine. A lot of that is cracks/hacks/patches for trial versions that I made into full versions :)

Life with warez is good. More money for comic books and music...

Originally posted by XCleanLivingX

I have several thousand dollars worth of warez on my machine. A lot of that is cracks/hacks/patches for trial versions that I made into full versions :)

Life with warez is good. More money for comic books and music...

ya know, if good old uncle billy happened to be browsing these forums and asked for your IP address, there's nothing we can do to say no...

What free alternatives are out there?

Personally I use UltimateZip instead of winzip.

I'd be interested in a dreamweaver-esk web editor, I don't mind not having all the behaviours stuff and other nonsence just a straight forward wysiwyg editor.

As I have posted before, warez should be used only as an evaluation. Then if you decide that the software is indeed something you need, go buy it. I always buy software that I deem useful and does what I need it to do. I have wasted countless dollars on software I either did not like, or did not do the job as well as it should have.

Anything I got for free (except freeware) is on my machine no longer than a month. And most of it it off my machine in a matter of days. In that amount of time I can both properly evaluate it and make sure I have the cash to go buy it. It is then deleted.

I agree some software is grossly over-priced, but that does not give us the right to be common thieves.

Originally posted by Keldyn

I question the sense behind publically admitting you use warez, particularly on a forum monitored by Microsoft. Nice one...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dazzla

ya know, if good old uncle billy happened to be browsing these forums and asked for your IP address, there's nothing we can do to say no...

that's why i keep my mouth shut :)

Originally posted by Gunbuster

I'd be interested in a dreamweaver-esk web editor, I don't mind not having all the behaviours stuff and other nonsence just a straight forward wysiwyg editor.

Have you tried openoffice? It has a very good wysiwyg editor. And it is free. The whole suite is very good. Within two weeks of installing it, I deleted my legal copy of Office 97 and have not regretted it at all.

There are also tons of other free or very reasonably priced software titles out there. Just spend some time on google and you would be surprised at what is floating around out there.

Originally posted by Gunbuster

I just saw a thread on this a few days ago...freeware apps to replace well known stuff. Search for it...or maybe someone will find it for you, if they're feeling nice (they certainly have the time, they don't need to work to make money to buy software because it seems they all use warez :p )

Originally posted by JasonC1986

that's why i keep my mouth shut :)

It's not like they're going to come after each and everyone of you one by one :rolleyes:

2 things:

how do you know MS looks at this forum?

and

would you really give up anybody's personal info w/o a subpeona? if you would, that is rough. personally, (with my knowledge) it would be hard to get a judge to get a subpeona or warrant depending on the case with just a blanket statement of "I use warez." as your only proof of wrongdoing .