178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Warez?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by glockfan

2 things:

how do you know MS looks at this forum?

and

would you really give up anybody's personal info w/o a subpeona? if you would, that is rough. personally, (with my knowledge) it would be hard to get a judge to get a subpeona or warrant depending on the case with just a blanket statement of "I use warez." as your only proof of wrongdoing .

We do know that they (and along with other software company) monitor our news section, but we do not know if it cover the forum or not. We know this because several emails were sent in the past requesting that we remove the links to leaked/beta software.

But still, it's not like they're going to run after each and everyone of you. They're not stupid, they KNOW that not a lot of people uses legit product.

i would like a mod to answer this question (not trying to start a fight, just wondering where you stand)

would you really give up anybody's personal info w/o a subpeona? if you would, that is rough. personally, (with my knowledge) it would be hard to get a judge to get a subpeona or warrant depending on the case with just a blanket statement of "I use warez." as your only proof of wrongdoing .

Originally posted by configure

They're not stupid, they KNOW that not a lot of people uses legit product.

No, Big Bill is under the impression that everyone pays to use his software. That's why he implemented WPA, it was a fun addition for all his loyal customers ;)

Originally posted by CdCViRus

LOL :) :) :)

P.S. Uncle Billy ... Hi, how are you? I AM INNOCENT!!!

Good One ! :p

ok hypothethically if i was me and my ip would be hypothethically logged by neowin,

i would hypothethically have hypothethically evrything from windows xp corporate to Max Payne and everything in between

but hypothethically you know

Originally posted by Stryder68

As I have posted before, warez should be used only as an evaluation. Then if you decide that the software is indeed something you need, go buy it. I always buy software that I deem useful and does what I need it to do. I have wasted countless dollars on software I either did not like, or did not do the job as well as it should have.

Anything I got for free (except freeware) is on my machine no longer than a month. And most of it it off my machine in a matter of days. In that amount of time I can both properly evaluate it and make sure I have the cash to go buy it. It is then deleted.

I agree some software is grossly over-priced, but that does not give us the right to be common thieves.

I agree, and I do the same thing :)

Originally posted by Keldyn

I question the sense behind publically admitting you use warez, particularly on a forum monitored by Microsoft. Nice one...:rolleyes:

I never listed any programs I use, and for the record I buy all my MS stuff. They scare me, and I'd rather not risk cracking XP Pro.

microsoft is harldy worried about a few people with a warez version of xp. they are more concerned with people who distribute / crack / release.

why waste the time in court over some guy with a crack version of xp and a few 100 mp3's.

no one really cares about the little guys. there are way to many of them. only possible way they could stop warez is stop the releasing and cracking.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have posted before, warez should be used only as an evaluation. Then if you decide that the software is indeed something you need, go buy it. I always buy software that I deem useful and does what I need it to do. I have wasted countless dollars on software I either did not like, or did not do the job as well as it should have.

Anything I got for free (except freeware) is on my machine no longer than a month. And most of it it off my machine in a matter of days. In that amount of time I can both properly evaluate it and make sure I have the cash to go buy it. It is then deleted.

I agree some software is grossly over-priced, but that does not give us the right to be common thieves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok your saying it doesint give us the right to steal, but you are stealing the software even if its for 1 month, imagine stealing a car for only, 1 month, your still stealing, and i dont consider it stealing at least virtually, if you have something that you woudint buy anyway, your just helping to get the product out

Once you purchase your OS you can do pretty much anything (except CAD) with open sourced/ freeware.

Why would you have to steal anything?

I don't know too many people who at some point haven't used

warez ;)

A lot of time, I will use warez, especially if the "shareware" or trial version is crippled. In the case of photoshop, years ago, I used a warezed version, found out I liked it, and hunkered down and paided the price for the legit version. Now, I just buy the upgrade version, which is MUCH cheaper.

Warez for me, is like another version of shareware. If I really like it, I BUY IT, if I don't, I delete it.

:alien:

/daydream on

*Bill gates gets home and kisses his wife and pats his kids on the head, he leisurely walks pasts his computer room, all XP machines, running the fastest processors and gigs of ram*..............

*a few minutes later Bill is down at his secret MS© Cave, where he sits at 3 desks parallel at each other.. one has Windows XP corporate edition (pirated keys of course), the other has linux (slackware at that), and a iMac on the 3rd desk*

*On his Xp corp computer, Mr. Gates is using every p2p file sharing program known to man, also downloading from newsgroups 24/7, on linux he's playing tux and on the Mac he's creating family videos*

/stupidity off..

i'm not even in a mood to think today.. bah

Originally posted by Spacce

/daydream on

*Bill gates gets home and kisses his wife and pats his kids on the head, he leisurely walks pasts his computer room, all XP machines, running the fastest processors and gigs of ram*..............

*a few minutes later Bill is down at his secret MS© Cave, where he sits at 3 desks parallel at each other.. one has Windows XP corporate edition (pirated keys of course), the other has linux (slackware at that), and a iMac on the 3rd desk*

*On his Xp corp computer, Mr. Gates is using every p2p file sharing program known to man, also downloading from newsgroups 24/7, on linux he's playing tux and on the Mac he's creating family videos*

/stupidity off..

bill gates has a wife and kids?

Originally posted by NEROPHAT

bill gates has a wife and kids?

he does, I don't know how many kids he has. For punishment, he makes his kid/s play with the X-box.

Originally posted by Spacce

/daydream on

/stupidity off..

ahahahahahahahahaha

LOL

ROFLMAO

:p :p :p :) :)

Originally posted by NEROPHAT

quote:

ok your saying it doesint give us the right to steal, but you are stealing the software even if its for 1 month, imagine stealing a car for only, 1 month, your still stealing, and i dont consider it stealing at least virtually, if you have something that you woudint buy anyway, your just helping to get the product out

I guess you can say I am stealing it for a month if you want. But I call it evaluating. Almost anything you buy can either be tried first or returned. But not software. You buy software and do not like it or it does not work the way you need it to, no store will take it back and give you a refund. You are stuck with it. And that is not right.

Just because you would not buy it anyway, should not give you the right to steal it. The company is not losing a sale, that is true. But you are stealing it if you never have any intentions of buying it. That is like me saying I'll never have any intentions of buying a Jaguar because I think it costs too much. But it is ok if I go and steal one. I'm just helping them get their cars out.

Disclaimer: If you work for a software company or have affiliations with a software company, or have ANYTHING to do with stoping pirating of programs and/or warez, you may not view the post that is below the line. don't look at it and don't even think about looking at it, because if you do, i will have to do this :dead: to you ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have everything warezed except 1 program, which i did pay for, but they didn't take the money from the charge card like they were supposed to. i easily have over 50 progs that are installed that are warezed :pirate:

if it weren't for the world of warez, i'd be nowhere. i wouldn't even have an OS, which would be bad :bandit:

-JaSoN

Originally posted by JasonC1986

Disclaimer: If you work for a software company or have affiliations with a software company, or have ANYTHING to do with stoping pirating of programs and/or warez, you may not view the post that is below the line. don't look at it and don't even think about looking at it, because if you do, i will have to do this :dead: to you ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have everything warezed except 1 program, which i did pay for, but they didn't take the money from the charge card like they were supposed to. i easily have over 50 progs that are installed that are warezed :pirate:

if it weren't for the world of warez, i'd be nowhere. i wouldn't even have an OS, which would be bad :bandit:

-JaSoN

Brother, I know what you mean ...

Originally posted by twist

microsoft is harldy worried about a few people with a warez version of xp. they are more concerned with people who distribute / crack / release.

why waste the time in court over some guy with a crack version of xp and a few 100 mp3's.

no one really cares about the little guys. there are way to many of them. only possible way they could stop warez is stop the releasing and cracking.

Slightly wrong there...

I dunno if you knew about it, last December there was a big thing with the FBI busting wares ppl... their main goal was a specific group, but ther operation was 3 different mission, one was that group, i beleieve the 2nd was another group, the other was a trap FTP which was public and they logged ppl downloading from it... they said they were arresting everybody in their list of FTP downloaders and confiscating their computers.

I haven't really heard about anything after that except the arrested some ppl and took their computers ( which by the law they won be getting back cause its turned into evidence )...

But it goes to prove that the aren't completly ignoring the ppl who just download stuff.