My camera is making huuuge pics!

I want them to be normal size 1024x768 or smth like that.

Well, I don't know how to change it. :no: I took one pic this morning and look at it.

dsc008191sq.th.jpg

When you wana enlarge the image it's coming huuuuuuge! 2592x1944

And you can't see basicly nothing. Any ideas?

When I resize the pic myself it's loosing quality - no good!

I have SONY T1 5.0 Mp.

I tryed taking pics at 1-2-3-5 Mp. They are all the same.

Any ideas?

Thank you much?

Yeah, that's because it's 5.0 Mp, as you've stated. They're supposed to be that big so they're better if you print them out on photo paper. You can use any free downloadable paint program to resize it. Or you can find the setting in the camera to take smaller photos, though I don't know why you'd do that, since you can have an original that is high quality, and just resize it down if you need to.

I want them to be normal size 1024x768 or smth like that.

Well, I don't know how to change it. :no: I took one pic this morning and look at it.

dsc008191sq.th.jpg

When you wana enlarge the image it's coming huuuuuuge! 2592x1944

And you can't see basicly nothing. Any ideas?

I have SONY T1 5.0 Mp.

I tryed taking pics at 1-2-3-5 Mp. They are all the same.

Any ideas?

Thank you much?

Typically you'll have an option for size or quality....that should adjust the size...However, I doubt that you'll get an image smaller than 1600x1200 off a 5mp camera.

Your camera software should give you the option to resize or you can use a photo editing software like photoshop, or adobe's free photo organizer (it's on their site). It's pretty much all you can do.

Or read the manual or check Sony's online support for your camera.

I see. It's fine when I'm not taking closer pics. But if it's like the one that showed... crazy!

Yeah, that's because it's 5.0 Mp, as you've stated. They're supposed to be that big so they're better if you print them out on photo paper. You can use any free downloadable paint program to resize it. Or you can find the setting in the camera to take smaller photos, though I don't know why you'd do that, since you can have an original that is high quality, and just resize it down if you need to.

They are no such a settings!

I want them smaller, couse you can see how this photo look like! :)

You'll have to look through the manual on how to take smaller pictures, as others have stated, this is usually a quality setting...If you're doing this to save space on your card, it makes alot of sense. On Olympus cameras, this is usually an option that lets you choose between "SHQ" (Super High Quality), "HQ" (High Quality), "SQ" (Standard Quality), etc...

However, if space is not an issue, I would just leave it how it is and resize the pictures to the size you need. You can use a program to do this such as Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy. Just right click on the picture, hit "resize", and pick a size. You can do this to large batches of images at once.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Again, as others have stated, it's usually best to take your pictures at a larger size than you need. When trying to enlarge small pictures you lose alot of quality in the process. Starting big and going down ensures that you don't lose any quality regardless of how bit the picture needs to be. (the limit being the quality of the origonal image.)

are you complaining cause its blurry? you need to turn the macro on the lense on (i think thats what its called... it lets you take photos of things up close)

on my sony the button is a little flower... press it so the flower comes up on screen.. then take up close shots... and when you go to take distance or normal shots make sure its off or those photos will be blurry

I did dog, nothing. I can only change the quality. It can be FINE or STANDART. But even when I do, it doesn't change the size of the pics that I'm taking. I tryed 5 Mb. FINE and STANDART and it's 2592x1944. Than I changed to 3 Mp. FINE and STANDART and it's a bit smaller 2048x1536.

I did dog, nothing. I can only change the quality. It can be FINE or STANDART. But even when I do, it doesn't change the size of the pics that I'm taking. I tryed 5 Mb. FINE and STANDART and it's 2592x1944. Than I changed to 3 Mp. FINE and STANDART and it's a bit smaller 2048x1536.

Fine & Superfine just decide JPEG compression used, at least in canon/fuji cameras I've handled. It has nothing to do with pixel dimensions. Sony is always a bit different so experiment with it :p

You don't need to downscale if you want to print them. They look huge on the monitor because of it's low resolution (under windows it's 72 or 96 dpi usually). But printing is a whole new story. Printers have resolution of 300 and more dpi, so, your huge 2592x1944 photo will print out only as 8.6x6.5 inches.

You don't need to downscale if you want to print them. They look huge on the monitor because of it's low resolution (under windows it's 72 or 96 dpi usually). But printing is a whole new story. Printers have resolution of 300 and more dpi, so, your huge 2592x1944 photo will print out only as 8.6x6.5 inches.

But when I wana post it so people can see it online like the one from my first post. You can see what I'm talking about when you check the photo that I gave you. I have to find program for resizing. Thanks to all of you guys.

Remember that the file output from your camera is going to be the equivalent of a negative. You want it to contain as MUCH data as possible. This is why so many amateurs and all professionals shoot in RAW format. Anyway, shoot in the highest resolution your camera allows, and use as little compression as possible. The files will be bigger, but that's the tradeoff...

If you're simply trying to view the photos you've taken, use the option to "shrink-to-fit" your screen... If you're trying to share an image with friends, use a program to convert the file to 800x600 or 1024x768 (and you can also add on additional compression to make file even smaller).

Your camera has to have the option to decrease picture size. My Canon SD450 used to take ENORMOUS pictures, but I put it down to the smallest size, with superfine quality and voila!

Read the manual - seriously.

smartest thing said in this thread :rolleyes:

digital cameras supposed to take big pictures that the purpose of a digital camera

do you know how many "mega pixel" a 35mm film camera has? i forgot the excact numbers but its about 30 mega pixel

the point is if you take "huge" picture you can always go lower, but you can't go higher.

and if you try printing a 1024x768 picture it will look like ****

do you know how many "mega pixel" a 35mm film camera has? i forgot the excact numbers but its about 30 mega pixel

I still shoot in film, as well as digitally. A good 35mm film will give you 16mp resolution scans. You need a good scanner though, not the sort of thing they use in your average developing store when giving doing digital processing. And you're looking at large format film to gain anything near 30mp resolution :)

when you zoom in on something or are taking a close shot your hand only has to move a few mm (1/8") to make a noticable difference. whereas if im taking a shot far away or of something large i have to move my hand signifigantly far while the shutter is open to make it blurry. its all about tragectory. get a (mini) tripod for your camera if you want long exposure and good looking pics.