2007 Camry...damnn

I think it's growing on me. Really a pretty nice looking car for a mainstream model. The back end looks a LOT like the new Lexuses...which makes sense I suppose, although I would have thought they would want to keep the brand designs further apart.

It looks like the entire control surfaces light up at night, like Indiglo-style. That's interesting.

Wow, my BMW has four doors, foor wheels, lights, a grille, and chrome around the windows! It must have been designed by that guy too!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I spend a lot of time looking at cars but I can't see even a hint of similarity between the old A4 and the Ford 500. Except that they're both spectaularly boring, "flat" designs.

Are you kidding? The shape of the car is nearly identical. The doors, the windows, fenders - damn near everything. They even copied the wheels!

And the old A4/S4 design is still one of the nicest looking cars on the road.

from your response i understand you like the older type of designs then. however, bringing up infinity does seem to throw things off a bit since their designs are really modern and streamlined with sexy curves too. but what do i know, haha, i think anyone that thinks the new 5 series looks bad is crazy.

ehh? new 5 series is crap. i like the 6 series, 7 series even befor ethe final redesign and after too, new 3 series is good (except the tail lights)

...but the 5 series - meh! just does nothing for me. worst car design in the bmw range at the moment.

btw, i am supriced that this new camry looks like really modernized old model with flat lines for the head and tail lights....

and like the current camry design has never existed. guess they did not like the direction it was going.

Are you kidding? The shape of the car is nearly identical. The doors, the windows, fenders - damn near everything. They even copied the wheels!

And the old A4/S4 design is still one of the nicest looking cars on the road.

I guess I just can't see it that way. Except for the wheels, yeah those are pretty similar!

And I disagree about the old A4. I don't think it's ugly or anything, I just think it's boring.

As far as the interior I am really appalled by that greenish color in the plasticy center panel, the rest looks cool. I really like this design of the Camry, I think a lot of opinions are subjective, I think it looks NOTHING like an Altima, BMW, someone even said Passat? :blink:, The only design cue's I see in this car are from the Avalon, and predominately the Mazda 6, which isn't a bad thing. From the side it does faintly resemble the 5 series in the back, but some of you are just reaching. In the end it's a Camry, that eventually you'll forget how much you disliked them because you'll see them everywhere and live with it. :ermm:

Side note: I also hate that green color (exterior) they created...

How can you compare the looks and interior of a Camry to a Lexus or BMW when those cars cost 2-3 times as much as it? Of course a more expensive car is going to be more luxurious and have more attention spent to little details, that's why it costs more!

PS I absolutely hate the look of pretty much all Audi cars...they look even more boring than this Camry does!

i love the exterior.

i love the interior

i LOVE what they did with the center console!

it.. it blows my mind!

the engine looks so clean, it's organized, and doesn't show a lot of wires, and things you dont wanna see..

i really like this car (Y)(Y)(Y)

Are Toyota gradually bringing in the hybrid engines to their line? Or is this just a one-off?

Seems like they are going all hydrid. They have the largest selection of hybrids. And this is the most important thing about this camry, that it's now a hybrid, and a good one too, getting 40+ miles per gallon on highway is quite impressive. I'm sure consumers will welcome the extra miles per gallon especially with gas prices of last couple of years.

People don't buy camrys for looks, and no, it is not terrible looking. This is one of Toyota's best seller for last 3 decades, their bread and butter. I don't think they would f'ed it up without R&D into the design. The only thing possibly negative is that it is design and built in the USA, not in Japan like the original first few generation camrys.

• 7 months later...

Divamamasita

You'll probably come closer to getting an accurate answer by creating a new thread rather than resurrecting a 7-month old one.

I split your question into a new thread so hopefully you can get a reply ;)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=488241

Welcome to Neowin.

thread closed