Macworld 2006 Discussion

So.. come on then.. what are some of your Macworld predictions? I've read about all sorts of things - from an Apple PVR / Media Centre, Nano upgrades, Shuffle upgrades, Intel powered iBooks, 3.0GHz G5's....

So what do you all think? What does Apple have up its increasingly large and secretive sleeve? :)

Edited by Chicane-UK

Indeed. Apple said, when they announced the Intel 'transition' that they would already be shipping Intel based Macs by mid 2006 - it makes sense for this to be the time when they announce them and start getting them out of the door!

Exciting times ahead. Can't wait to see what happens come January 9th..

i'm hoping to see some intel-macs, but also, i want to see some of OSX 10.5. I'm really curious about what they can do to Tiger besides a UI overhaul... new Finder? new apps? I want to know! :D

i'm hoping to see some intel-macs, but also, i want to see some of OSX 10.5. I'm really curious about what they can do to Tiger besides a UI overhaul... new Finder? new apps? I want to know! :D

actaully i heard that 10.5 ( Leopard?) was going to have a new finder and UI or something, based on spotlight. im probably wrong tho.

Have there even been developer seeds of Leopard yet or is it still very very internal / closed beta testing only?

I want to see info about Leopard even a small preview or a teaser :D I can hope.

I think for a prediction we will get some type of Intel Mac, maybe a Mac Mini or iBook and of course sales figures for the last quarter ending 05 and early 06 sales projections on iPods.

And um maybe we will get iTunes 7 with Video streaming support and then iTunes 8 later that night taking away the streaming ability after the MPAA send Apple a seize and desist.

actaully i heard that 10.5 ( Leopard?) was going to have a new finder and UI or something, based on spotlight. im probably wrong tho.

I have heard rumors about that too... a "unified" look based on iTunes 6 (which could be nice, but i'd hope they pushed the envelope a bit more than just using a flat gradient instead of brushed metal) and a finder based on spotlight, which could be awesome. Finder could use a re-tooling.

Although I do find the Intel Mac's very intriguing, I'm not in the market to buy anything so they really don't interest me much.

I am looking forward to hopefully learning some more details about Leopard.

I predict we will see some intel macs, iLife 06 with Front Row and Photo booth, and a revision to the iPod Shuffle. Seems like one hell of a Macworld, we shall see next week...

The Mac Geek in me is already getting excited

iLife 06, maybe discussion on Xcode improvement for developers, new Ipod Nano and Shuffles (they have to its the best selling models), new Powerbook and iBook models. Some more media-center type software. Something on Leopard.

And iTunes 10.0 (hey, we've jumped from 5 to 6 in one month and some months have gone by). Itunes 20 will be out by Jan 01, 2007. ;)

Black Mini and ibook :D

AAAH! I seriously hope not, it just won't be true to the classic White that it's been for so long, let's hope Apple keep it the same. Sure black ipods DO look sexy, but I think black macs is going too far.

I'm just looking forward to seeing Steve in all his beastness!! :D

Yep, good old Steve, I can't wait!! You coming over to watch it with some pop corn?

I can't wait, the new software will be interesting, iLife 06, I want to see the improvements, though they may be pretty slight, like the difference between 04 and 05. OS 10.5... *drools* I'm waiting to see it!!