39 Megapixel H2D-39 Digital Camera

Hasselblad's new H2D-39 D-SLR is the first true 39 megapixel digital camera in the world. It is based on Hasselblad's existing H2 digital camera and is compatible with the company's H System lenses and V camera lenses.

The camera's CCD sensor is more than twice the size of conventional 35mm camera sensors (36.7 x 49.0 mm). At maximum resolution, the images captured by the H2D-39 in Hasselblad's proprietary 3F RAW format are 78MB large (50MB with lossless compression).

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=270

wow...i wonder what images this can produce...

Wow, thats going to be almost real life pictures, :laugh:

Think of the ? or the $ jesus!

this camera is way more expensive compared of that Nikon and Canon make for pros. This is intended for some very specific ppl

I wonder how big the photos would be, image having a 20gig hard drive for it, and being able to take 1 photo lol

RAW format are 78MB large (50MB with lossless compression).

It says there that compressed image (like jpegs) would be around 50 mb each, that's not too bad :(

It says that lossless compression (unlike jpegs) would result in 50 MB images. That's even better.

Wow, thats going to be almost real life pictures, :laugh:

Think of the ? or the $ jesus!

Their H2D model (22 megapixels) goes for about $27,000.

Also, Phase One offered up a 39-megapixel camera that debuted in December of 2005.

Edited by boogerjones

some magazine pro shooters use this kind of camera.. but a real short list of them.

these camera are kindly useless unless you do huge crop

i used a hasselblad h2d in a studio in hamburg. i love how it feels, the handling is perfect and the pictures are great. you really can crop out everything you want. if you ever tryed a canon eos 1ds mark II, you may think "amazing". but after the h2d or h1d, both 22 megapixels, you never want to go back to a canon with cute 16,7 effective megapixels. ;)

can someone post some pics made by this camera

since the size of the pictures in 8/16bit RAW is about 80mb, you wont find full resolution pictures of this camera in the net i think.

and because jens karlsson is the only photographer shooting with it afaik, you wont find pictures taken with that camera in the magazines that often.