Nero Burning Rom Alternatives

@ Growled

Thanks!

@Subject Delta

I put non working links on purpose because of the danger that those websites represents. Lot of them are offering burning programs bundled with viruses, trojans and some other nasty stuff. :)

If those programs are bundled with dodgy files, surely the thing would be to not link to them at all? :/

• 1 month later...

You actually can. It's not the most convenient way of doing it, but it's possible.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

Thats a workaround and you are burning a .CUE file, not making a audio CD.

.CUE files "break up" audio files to split them into different tracks.

It works*? Yes. Is it truely a audio CD? No.

* - If you dont have the decoders for FLAC files and you have FLAC files, then this will not work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Nero will always be the best : ))

nero hasn't been the best since version 6, before they started adding tones of unneeded bloat

it's rather sad, I used to love Nero :(

nero hasn't been the best since version 6, before they started adding tones of unneeded bloat

as did I....but I use IMGburn and/or converters, always convert to ISO, and NEVER have any problems. I can split mutiple copies of discs out pretty darn quick when needed to, with a SATA DVD/CD R-RW drive...using free software with WAY lots less hard drive space required. Nero=dust in the wind. Just sayin'. To each his/her own.

I use Sony CD Architect for music dics but i dont burn data cds or dvds anymore.

• 6 months later...

^^^This definitely. Its just way too much bloat. I find myself needing to burn fewer and fewer discs is why I have gotten away from being so dependent on Nero. I dont think I would have made that change had nero stayed unbloated.