100% PC Free

Weeeeee. Ah it feels good. The Sony VAIO which was gathering dust was sold this evening.

The man was a complete newb, he wanted something to impress him, something to give him an idea of it's performance. Know what I did?

Ripped an MP3 :cross:

He was amazed! :p

I also showed him a DVD and some CD burning with Nero.

The guy was amazed and bought it there and then. So now, again, like when I got the student loan (iMac), I have money burning a hole in my pocket. I hear Apple saying they want more money. I hear the echoing sound saying "iPod, iPod....." :D

Oh, and a digital camera would do nicely now :cheeky:

Don't ask about the Office experience either, damn MS...

I said don't ask!

I think I'll keep the office experience to myself, sneaky MS...

And I got ?750, which is a pretty good price. The Laptop was as follows:

Sony VAIO

P3 650

192 MB

10 GB

DVD

External HP CD-RW

13.1 tft (one dead pixel:ss )

And of course, there's always money for Mario Sunshine, particulary as it's not out here 'til October...

man, i need to find something to sell. i wanna experience money burning a hole in my pocket once in my life. :p

ipod and digital camera are what i would buy for myself right now as well. then i need an ibook or powerbook, lol. man, now i'm just depressed.

I too have a VIAO with sim' specs as yours sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

Hmm thinks I might give it a spring clean and check if it still rips MP3's :)

Man I could do with an IPod but a *cough*PC*cough* version. Better be careful what I say I'm in MACLand :p

Did if have Windows XP on it? Any laptop with an older version of Windows on it just doesn't look right at all. I stay away from my dad's old Thinkpad with Windows 95 *shudders*

Originally posted by bogd

Did if have Windows XP on it? Any laptop with an older version of Windows on it just doesn't look right at all. I stay away from my dad's old Thinkpad with Windows 95 *shudders*

Nope. I took Windows XP off and put Windows 2000 SP3 on it.

Originally posted by Yazoo

Man I could do with an IPod but a *cough*PC*cough* version. Better be careful what I say I'm in MACLand :p

They have a "windows" Ipod out now, I have one on order, got the 10gb one with case and remote control headphones for 420 bucks shipped with 2 day shipping. LOL now if I knew it was gonna take a month I wouldn't have splurged on the shipping, but I can't wait for the thing. And BTW the only difference between the mac and windows Ipods is the windows one comes with a plugin for musicmatch jukebox, there are 2 freeware utilities on the web for the "apple" ipod to work with windows, One is called Xplay I believe not sure 'bout the other but I'm sure google knows.

And I'd like to say you got a good deal but I have no clue as to what the exchange rate is for pounds, lol, I suck.

Originally posted by iomayho

so, what do you have now dazzla, a mac?

I bought an iMac back in April and withing a week my Laptop was permanently turned off. The switch was that clean.

So from now on it's 100% OS X baby :cool:

:dead: He came back.

The modem wasn't working, reason? No drivers installed :p

The thing is, I had installed windows 2000 and I couldn't get any drivers to work :mad:

Stupid generic conexant crap. None of the ones I tried worked.

So, it's back to Windows ME now. I'm using the restore CD which came with the VAIO. Only took half an hour and all the usual crap is on there.

Hope he enjoys blue screens...

Originally posted by mAcOdIn

They have a "windows" Ipod out now, I have one on order, got the 10gb one with case and remote control headphones for 420 bucks shipped with 2 day shipping. LOL now if I knew it was gonna take a month I wouldn't have splurged on the shipping, but I can't wait for the thing. And BTW the only difference between the mac and windows Ipods is the windows one comes with a plugin for musicmatch jukebox, there are 2 freeware utilities on the web for the "apple" ipod to work with windows, One is called Xplay I believe not sure 'bout the other but I'm sure google knows.

And I'd like to say you got a good deal but I have no clue as to what the exchange rate is for pounds, lol, I suck.

IIRC the Windows iPod uses a FAT32 FS while the Mac one does not.

--

unspec

Originally posted by mAcOdIn

there are 2 freeware utilities on the web for the "apple" ipod to work with windows,

They aren't freeware. XPlay is $30 and EphPod is $40. And yes, the Windows iPod is formatted as FAT32 while the Mac model is HFS+.

hmm been wanting an ipod b4 the first generation 5gig version :p being a pc man i waited a bit xplay beta's came out... then i heard apple doing some windows version now i am waiting for xmas to came for parents to buy me one :) ?400 quid spent eek ( + ?15 for the firewire card ) cant wait...

is there anyother place other than apple.com for ipod's for windows i dont want to wait 5-8 weeks to ship..:):)

Originally posted by unspec

IIRC the Windows iPod uses a FAT32 FS while the Mac one does not.

--

unspec

thats also what i had always thought... i got the mac version...

i think xplay is a wonderful little program once i gave it a nice make over.