Spyware?

Question

Hello all.

I just finished writing a program and I'm looking too add some spyware to it, obviously for financial gain. What I'm asking is what is the best spyware to include. I would prefer the highest revenue gaining software possible, the privacy of the end user is not my concern.

Cheers,

Mike

May I ask why "Adding spyware is the worst thing you could do" ? It's certainly better than locking away program features or having pathetic usage limits. 'Restriced software' is certainly something I would avoid.

Also does anyone know of any spyware that cannot be removed by the likes of adaware etc? I would hate programs like that messing up my income :( If there isn't I may try programming some kind of (semi)invincible spyware. Souds harsh I know, but hard working programmers deserve money.

Cheers,

Mike.

The end users privacy is none of your concern?Geez you suck, if your asking how to add spyware then you obviously are after it for your own personal gain and for no concern for the user.

With an attitude like the sour one you got no one will use your software. OH BTW There is no hidden spyware, thank goodness Ad Aware is around, and if it is the end user of the program will just request to the developers to add support for the new spyware in future versions.

What does your program do I might I ask?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mike Harries

Hello all.

I just finished writing a program and I'm looking too add some spyware to it, obviously for financial gain. What I'm asking is what is the best spyware to include. I would prefer the highest revenue gaining software possible, the privacy of the end user is not my concern.

Cheers,

Mike

I think you mean ad-ware and not spyware they are two diffeent things. Even if you did I still wouldn't help you. Please let us know what your program will be called so we can avoid it.

I've got an idea. Why don't you make your software trust-ware and if it is any good people will actually send you what they think it is worth.

May I ask why "Adding spyware is the worst thing you could do" ? It's certainly better than locking away program features or having pathetic usage limits. 'Restriced software' is certainly something I would avoid.

Also does anyone know of any spyware that cannot be removed by the likes of adaware etc? I would hate programs like that messing up my income :( If there isn't I may try programming some kind of (semi)invincible spyware. Souds harsh I know, but hard working programmers deserve money.

Cheers,

Mike.

I truly hope you are just being funny. So I imagine that you are also one of those people who would try and hide the fact that your software contains spyware in it?

And "why" you ask? Maybe because people do not like having their computer, surfing and online purchases being tracked. It is none of anyones busines except mine and the direct site I visit or do business with. It is no different than a private investigator following me around for weeks and reporting to countless people what I own and where I go and what I buy. If that were to happen in real life and I caught the person, I would flat out kick the sh*t out of the person. THATS WHY!!!!

Mike Harries

First Spyware is the devil. I would rather you disable stuff so that later on if its good enought I would buy it from you.

But now that I know your a spyware dealer, every app that is made by your name I will boycott. Spyware is the devil.

I make this plea to everyone DONT help this guy, Spyware is bad and should be banned. I dont mind banner ad's, or popups but spyware is just plain evil.

P.S. I know we dont ban anyone off the forums or neowin but I would suggest be make an exception to the rule and ban this Mike Harries guy. I mean come on SPYWARE?

Can I just have an answer to my original question guys? and "Why don't you make your software trust-ware and if it is any good people will actually send you what they think it is worth." ?? < Well becuase if you take that route you end up making about 4 dollars. Talk about wasting time.

Cheers,

MIKE

Can I just have an answer to my original question guys? and "Why don't you make your software trust-ware and if it is any good people will actually send you what they think it is worth." ?? < Well becuase if you take that route you end up making about 4 dollars. Talk about wasting time.

Cheers,

MIKE

I don't think your going to get your answer answered here, sorry.

Cheers,

MIKE

Spyware is a no good solution Mike. Please find some other way. By the way you still havent answered anyones question whats the name of your software?

Also if you only make 4$ then dont make any software. I would rather not have any software from a guy that uses spyware.

you have got to be kidding me. If you look around here people ask how to REMOVE spyware not put it in. Why not make a program that someone would want to buy instead of being sneeky about it.

whoa, whoa, whoa. the board rules state "no flaming". Lets keep this to real discussion. I've found a couple of companies that do spyware but none really suit my needs. If you know of some and don't want to post in here becuase you think you'll get flamed for it, just send me the links in a PM.

Cheers,

Mike

some will just rip ur software of spyware anyway so wots the point... there is none yeah yeah u want money etc etc for ur hard work.. but com on some1 will rip it so not reall yna point and no 1 will use it if it has spyware it in....

Adding spyware will kill the software slowly, then nobody will use it. It's better to charge money for it.

Maybe you can add some ads like iconman said.

Just don't add anything that's related to spyware.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of information do you want this spyware to collect, and then what are you going to do with that info. You say

the privacy of the end user is not my concern.

well it is my concern. If I want to use your program, I will use it for the features, and what it can do for me. If I pay for the program, you got your money from me, but that is not right to keep selling information that you collect. If I did not care about privacy, I would sell my own information and skip the middle man (your program)

I am not trying to flame you for wanting to do this, per say, just stating my oppinion.

This guy deserves flamming. But I will hold back, you need to understand mike cant you see from all the above posts that people dont like spyware?

Make a program have it expire in 30days if someone likes it they will pay for it. If not then oh well. Dont go the spyware route. Dont be that guy. How would you like your creditcard numbers and what you purchased to be @ some company, who wants to use that to make money off you?

Dont do it mike dont do it.

P.S. We still havent heard what the name of your Application is. Why are you hiding it from us?

As far as I can see, here are your options:

• Time-limited
  • Feature-limited
  • Adware-supported
  • Spyware-supported

I would recommend adware; unless your program is very special, adding spyware is just gonna alienate your users, IMHO. But if you must... here's a list of spyware you can choose from: Parasites/Scumware systems :cross: