New to Macs. Need advice/tips

Dazzla.. i have read, seen, heard, whatever but i have "noticed" that u are one of the few who have a large reputation of owning a mac and photoshop! I am taking Digital Graphics Animation and while i don't have a mac i will be using a 2-3 year old Powercube at school and a PC also. We will be using a 100mb Zip disc to save our information.. I was just wondering if u could help me out and give me some tips and such. I have only been to the class once so i don't have more information but i assure u that you will get more information. If you are busy thats ok because its not all that urgent, its just i've never used a real mac before, this is running OS 9 btw, and its a two button mouse. I checked and made sure. The mac's cpu i'm not sure but the ram on all the computers, PC and MAc is 128mb. Well if you need more information please tell me and remember this isnt' JUST directed to Dazzla, ANYONE please take note and help me out.. lol

May Neowin Live long forever.. :p

I'm not really sure if I cn help you here. I'm a relative Mac newb myself and I've only ever used Photoshop 7 on OS X with 512 mb ram.

It flies on that.

You won't have any problems with the two button mouse, that will work fine.

ummm, I'm not sure what else I can say. I think you're gonna have to wait for a more experienced Mac user to get online.

Sorry :p

Originally posted by Rivak

Do you mean this?

err.. no oops.. not a powercube.. my bad

i can't belive i did that.. lol

POWERmac g4.. yet its not silver.. its like blue and crap.. i'll take my digital camera and take pics on monday! man i feel stupid lol

ouch... make me stupider why don't u.. lol

man now i am REALLY DUMB.. lol

i want to stick to PC's but then.. i have to learn the best of both worlds.. and we're running win98SE .. ouch!

I'm not really sure what you're asking here.

First off, if you're planning on playing around with Photoshop at all, you better dump another stick of ram into that box of yours because Photoshop + 128mb ram = teh hurt!

jesse ;-)

yeah i was thinking about that too when the teacher said we had only like 128.. i was like this

Ricky : How much ram do the comptuers have 1 and a half gigs? 768megs?

Teacher : *turns red* 128megs of ram

i was like.. wtf in my mind...

but then of course.. we're just doing still editing.. I NEED MORE RAM!!! lol

Hey! I like Quicksilver =P

My old teacher had a Powerbook G3 (old black design, ya know?). He didn't upgrade ANYTHING except the hardrive space. When I was in his class, he had Photoshop 6, Flash, Dreamweaver, and a bunch of programs and they ran smoothly on it.

the VM on the PC or the Mac... cuz remember i know pure nothing about macintoshes.. argh im glad i'm finally being introduced to macs.. nice macs.. not the kind that run of reall floppy discs :p

because i need a 100 mb zip disk.. i was wondering.. do i need to buy the zip drive or will a 250mb zip drive work.. or what about those new ones coming out that will be around a 50x burner! lol

really!! cool then i don't have to get that 750mb one.. btw.. how fast are the 250mb ones.. im looking for external but internal would be fine.. i'm guessing external is limited by the speed of USB.. not 2.0 tho.. i don't have that on my mobo and i don't have the external card :p.