Damn Another Ticket

Do you have one?

Ok Is this just a rumor. If you mail in your fines for the court, and you write it for 5 dollars over. They issue a check back to you for a refund. I hear if you dont cash this refund you wont be fined. Any truth to this?

I've got a FOP and you can get out of some problems... but if you are going 90 in a 50... your screwed... and about the rumor... if that really were the case I'm sure that loophole would be filled right away.

How lame... you screwed up and you don't even want to take responsibilty. Trying to get out of a ticket that you really deserve.

umm, whats more fatal? getting into an accident 20 mph over the speed limit or 20 mph under?

20 mph under if ur getting hit from behind.

some dude doing 70mph hit you going 60mph = 10mph of force

some dude going 70mph hitting you going 40mph=30mph of force 3x more likely to be fatal id imagine. good thing about speeding is you cant get hit by what isnt coming up from behnd.

Why are you racing in an accent? Pretty dumb.

110 HP? Wow... and no... thats not really impressive for 2200lbs... plus what a waste of money on performance mods. Why buy a budget car and put tons of money into it?

How about you drive like every normal person and obey the law. There is no reason to go 80+ in a 55. If you want to show off... go on a track... because most of the people your speeding by on the highway are probably rolling their eyes at you.

Maybe not... but countless studies indicate speed ends up causing problems due to inexperince and reckless driving.

There is a reason to go 80mph in a 55 (though id usually curb it to 70-75mph max) its called flow of traffic.

Im talking about open road without pedestrians btw.

I would never advocate speeding in residential or city areas.

20 mph under if ur getting hit from behind.

some dude doing 70mph hit you going 60mph = 10mph of force

some dude going 70mph hitting you going 40mph=30mph of force 3x more likely to be fatal id imagine. good thing about speeding is you cant get hit by what isnt coming up from behnd.

There is a reason to go 80mph in a 55 (though id usually curb it to 70-75mph max) its called flow of traffic.

Im talking about open road without pedestrians btw.

I would never advocate speeding in residential or city areas.

speeding is speeding no matter where you are... and its not getting hit from behind thats the problem... going fast means less control over your vehicle if something we to happen, and if you veer off or something you're pretty much done for if you hit something... there is on coming traffic to worry about as well you know

You guys have to remember that speed limits are just suggestions for the average driver with the average vehicle.

An old truck driving at 60km/h is still going to take longer to stop and won't be able to maneuver as well in case of an emergency than, say, a new BMW at 80km/h. Even if the BMW is being driven faster it still remains safer, its just a matter of knowing the limits of the car and the conditions of the road; a little safety-conscious speeding won't hurt anyone.

In any case, I wouldn't trust this guy in a Hyundai to drive that much faster than traffic in a safe manner. :p

maybe in your country but there, speed limits are in white rectangular signs.. white = regulatory.. regulatory = adjust to a particular specification or requierment..

i dunno man, v6 tiburons are pretty fast.

If by fast you mean faster than other Hyundais, yes. They're nothing to call home about.

You're stupid for trying to race that car. It has no place going that fast on the road since that engine is peaking out. My 98 Civic LX can only go around 110-115 max. Anything over that and it needs 20 miles of road. They aren't made for racing, so don't bother :rolleyes:

ok so, what your driving instructor in high school did... was ILLEGAL and should have lost his job.. DMV driver... also illegal... they are not allowed to tell you to do anything illegal or else they could lose their job... so hence they are stupid along with yourself

I smell something in the air, and it was BS, and from carefully reading every post here, I knew where it was coming from, from him!!! I hope your pants will not fall down from a lie u just told us. Tha guy talking **** left and right

You guys have to remember that speed limits are just suggestions for the average driver with the average vehicle.

No its the law. That is the most insane thing I've heard for ages. I also remember how you bragged about drifting on public roads.

Talked to my lawyer again today. He said I should be eligable for a PJC. I just got to watch my speed for a few years again.

Would it shock you to be told that you should be watching your speed anyway, regardless of the fact you have a (or in your sad case, have another) ticket or not?

You can pay as many speeding fines as you want if you wish to continue speeding, but the day you hit and kill someone, you'll find that no amount of money can fix that.

I was going 80+ in a 55, tonight.

Yes I'm a cool guy now

Yes Im a bad ass

Yes I drive a hyndai

But ya know what. I love each and everyone of you.

I think 90 would be more apporiate.

Man are you sure it isn't a Hyundai? :unsure:

I have a radar dector, but I belive law enforcment in the Charlotte area are using new techonlogies that are not dectable by my old radar dector.

Ok its like this....I'll put it in computer symbolism. Going fast in a nice car = Overclocking a nice cpu.

Overclocking a CPU isn't going to kill anyone. If you're on public road, then I personally think you deserve a prison sentence. Why race on a road inwhich you could kill some innocent pedestrian or another motorist on the way home from work to see his family? Do you have any idea of the value of life?

But if everyone in here says they have never sped you are ingorant. I think I have said all I have to be said, this is will only go in circles, thanks for the morning arugment. :D

That discredits anything you've said thus far in this thread ... haha, INGORANT!

Real World

Speeding = Illegal

Street Racing = Illegal

Modifying your Honda with a fart can to make it sound 'loud and proud' = An annoyance, and in some places: Illegal

Neowin World

Personal Attacks = Warning

Direct Flamming = Warning

Flame Fest + Personal Attacks + Trolling = Closed Thread.

Clean up the posting everyone, this is rediculous. No need for such blatent attacks on one another. I've had enough of this thread.

Thread Closed