4 or 5 hours a sleep a night

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 rickyram56

rickyram56

Neowinian

• 154 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:00

I was wondering if 4-5 hours a sleep a night is bad for me. Recently, every night I'd get around 4-5 hours of sleep. I'm really busy with everything so I don't get the time to sleep early. I do get tired late in the night but during the day I'm not really tired.

#2 Qarth

Qarth

Nintendo Fanboy

• 2,193 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:04

Yes, it is bad for you. Your body needs at least 8 hours to regen. Those mighty mitochondria need rest to produce the energy you are going to expend. I used to go on 2-3 hours a night but I was working out 6 days a week and had a steady schedule. On the topic of working out... If you are weight training you need 9-10 hours to repair what you break down. Get off Neowin and go to sleep.

#3 NeoXY

NeoXY

Neowinian Senior

• 8,124 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:05

How old are you? Just for your information, if you are between the age of 14 to 20. you need at least 9 and a half hour of sleep to be healthy.

Its important to get "RAM" Sleep, and only 9 and a half hour (or more) provide enough time for RAM sleep to be effective and helpful...

#4 lostspyder

lostspyder

Neowinian Senior

• 2,097 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:07

no thats not good at all.

Your body will tell you when your getting egnouf sleep and when your not. Dont as us if this is egnouf, think about it and think about what your body wants, its preaty good at that.

#5 NiceCarpet

NiceCarpet

<3 !_! ##

• 1,524 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:08

"RAM" Sleep

I thourt it was "REM" sleep? :huh:

#6 lawtai

lawtai

Neowinian Old Timer

• 6,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:11

Like everyone else has said, more sleep would be good/healthy for you.

#7 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,052 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:12

;) Excellant idea sleeping 4 to 5 hours at night, provided that you get a nap in the late afternoon. :yes:

#8 hotwire

hotwire

Neowinian

• 1,409 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:15

well for me. im a high school student and i usual get 5 to 6 hrs of sleep. on normal days, i will be alright. but i get really weak and stressful when there is overload. so no, it's not good.

#9 W1cked-J

W1cked-J

Between the Subwoofers

• 713 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:16

Ever since I was 24 I am unable to sleep more then 6hrs a night (usually 5-6). My father and grandmother were the same way. I have talked to my Dr. about it and he said if I don't feel tired after 6 hrs then don't worry about it. Everyones body needs different amounts of sleep. I do agree the younger you are the more you need but as you get older your body will tell you what you need.

#10 MrBear5587

MrBear5587

Neowinian Senior

• 3,412 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:17

I'm only getting 5 hours approx/night also, and I blame Neowin :( (lol).
I just can't seem to "switch off" sometimes.

Even when I go to bed, theres so much stuff going through my head it just overrides how tired I am.

Sucks :(

#11 OP rickyram56

rickyram56

Neowinian

• 154 posts

How old are you? Just for your information, if you are between the age of 14 to 20. you need at least 9 and a half hour of sleep to be healthy.

Its important to get "RAM" Sleep, and only 9 and a half hour (or more) provide enough time for RAM sleep to be effective and helpful...

Going to be 20 in May.

#12 Baigley

Baigley

-- Old School --

• 688 posts

you are correct. Random Eye Movement, sleep. REM.
It would be good for you to get 8 hours. 4 to 5 is not that great for you. REM Sleep takes ~3 hours to get into sometimes, so you basically arnt getting it much at all. Which is the true deep sleep that you need.

#13 +DrunkenMaster

DrunkenMaster

Neowinian Elite

• 5,128 posts

Yeah he's thinking computer RAM. Its REM like the band. :)

Actually, if you learn to really medidate you can probably get away with 4 to 6 hours, those people are actually able to trigger the REM sleep much easier than anyone.

Get a least 6 though. You won't pay in the immediate future. Do it for a week or so (4 or 5 hours) and you might be okay. If you do it for a couple of weeks, put those other things on hold and get sleep. You'll get your body really sick if you don't.

#14 waurbind

waurbind

Bigger, Better, Faster,

• 559 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:18

well i get about 7 hours on average, i would get more but the daily show isnt on until 11 :p

#15 Slimy

Slimy

Ars + Neowin

• 22,355 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:23

Bad for you, on average a human should get 8 - 10 hours of sleep. Ideally, your body should wake up by itself but that's basically impossible. If you get in the habit, your body will probably not wake up after the "correct" amount of sleep time. You gotta force yourself until you are back on track ;) The sleep you lose you can never gain back.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!