Help with Machiavelli's the Prince

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding Machavelli's The Prince is anyone familiar with this book? I have read the book, but there are still a few questions I cannot answer, I was hoping somone here knows the book, and could help me with it.

bro_van

Ok,

Why does Machavelli end his work with a plea for the House Of Medici to liberate Italy?

WHy does Machavelli believe a prince must be willing to use force to acheive his ends?

According to Machavelli, what roles do fate and fortune play in human life?

No,

I'm working on my computer currently, so i'm on my brothers computer, and I just didnt take the time to log out of his name and go back into mine. Is it really that big of a deal anyways? Is anyone familiar enough with this book to help me with these questions?

I'll tackle a couple.

Why does Machavelli end his work with a plea for the House Of Medici to liberate Italy?

I'm not sure what reason your teacher might be looking for outside of a historical context, but in reality Machiavelli was trying to get back in their good graces. (Thats the reason he wrote the book in the first place)

WHy does Machavelli believe a prince must be willing to use force to acheive his ends?

Machiavelli belived that force was the most efficient and effective way to do something, as well, someone who comes to power without force can easily lose it to someone who uses force.

The last one I'm not sure about.

My teacher was saying that he himself wanted to be a medici, and be a ruler. But he was born and lived the middle class life. She also said he was jailed, because of the book, was he jailed by the medici family?