Latest Japanese Hardware Sales

i really can't believe they track Xbox sales or any sales of anything when they are that low I mean come on.

i really can't believe they track Xbox sales or any sales of anything when they are that low I mean come on.

Why not? :rofl:

The DS Lite is sure killing everything else over there though.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

It's because of their non-games like Brain Training, Nintendogs, and Animal Crossing that the DS is selling like hot cakes.

being a regular at 2chan i think i do know what im talking about

being a regular at 2chan i think i do know what im talking about

Ok genius... which dating sims are selling like hotcakes and pushing systems. Because as far as I last checked (according to the Media Create sales records), it was the aforementioned games (Animal Crossing, Brain Training, Mario Kart to an extent) that were really pushing systems.

While I'll admit I don't know of any dating sim games for the DS and there's a good chance they do exist, they simply don't pull in the numbers to justify the fact that the DS is selling like hotcakes.

Its probably because they break so much. :D

This surely has to have at least some truth to it, many of my friends are on their 4th n 5th PS2's, they keep buying them just cos they have the games, and it's easier to just buy a new one than abandon it all and go for another console.

i really can't believe people keep buying ps2s.. but thats just me

I wanna buy a PS2...it has a huge game library and I love the metal gear series...but I think I may hold off because PS3 is coming

This surely has to have at least some truth to it, many of my friends are on their 4th n 5th PS2's, they keep buying them just cos they have the games, and it's easier to just buy a new one than abandon it all and go for another console.

im still using my 1st generation PS2 and still works like new :laugh: c'mon! treat PS2 like your baby man. :no:

April 3 - 9

DSL - 154,731

DS - 49,825

PSP - 30,565

PS2 - 28,896

GBASP - 5,211

GBM - 3,103

Xbox360 - 1,940

GC - 1,224

GBA - 110

Xbox - 46

Now the GBM is selling more than the 360. I want to see next week's sales after the "relaunch".

Now the GBM is selling more than the 360. I want to see next week's sales after the "relaunch".

What relaunch? If you're talking about the 360, isn't that supposed to happen in the summer?

What relaunch? If you're talking about the 360, isn't that supposed to happen in the summer?

Do you still need the remote to play DVD movies ? I don't want to buy a dvd player.

Oops, it appears I was misinformed. I confused the April 6th date of the announcement with the June 20th relaunch date. :blush:

i doubt the relaunch is going to change much....unless they release an rpg at the same time

I think the plan is to "relaunch" when a bunch of new Japanese games come are released. I forget which ones, but I would hope they know an RPG or two is necessary for the relaunch to have any kind of effect.

Would it be possible for a moderator to sticky this and have all of new weekly sales updated in the first post? Because trying to find them through this growing thread is getting a bit screwy. :yes:

February 27 - March 5

DSL - 68,438

DS - 49,118

PSP - 43,110

PS2 - 25,778

GBASP - 5,493

GBM - 3,213

GC - 1,489

Xbox360 - 1,240

Xbox - 101

GBA - 98

what is DSL?

Would it be possible for a moderator to sticky this and have all of new weekly sales updated in the first post? Because trying to find them through this growing thread is getting a bit screwy. :yes:

Updated the first post with all sales data. :)

April 10 - 16

DSL - 140,969

DS - 37,204

PS2 - 27,549

PSP - 26,340

GBASP - 6,372

GBM - 3,676

Xbox360 - 1,926

GC - 1,080

GBA - 46

Xbox - 30

Only 30 people in Japan bought the old Xbox. Amazing. :laugh: Probably to sell on ebay.

Its Japan, home of Sony and Nintendo. Try posting some western stats if we want to make the Japanese sales look totally opposite.

I would think that PS2 would rule the western stats if there were any. :)

Its Japan, home of Sony and Nintendo. Try posting some western stats if we want to make the Japanese sales look totally opposite.

Western stats are nowhere near as lopsided.