It's the oil stupid...

33 members have voted

1. 1. It's the oil stupid...

• Yes?
    • No?

ahhh welcome back nosferatu ;) what would our real world issues forum be without you heh

to stay on topic... it could be the oil. too bad you don't have a maybe option in the poll :D

Originally posted by Spyder

ahhh welcome back nosferatu ;) what would our real world issues forum be without you heh

to stay on topic... it could be the oil. too bad you don't have a maybe option in the poll :D

You're welcome.

This is a yes or no question. The oil is one reason why they won't just nuke Iraq and get it over as well even though it would save many American lives if they have to attack. Japan didn't have any oil.

Bush just won't take yes for an answer. :)

Originally posted by NOS482

That goes without question.

I wonder who is next on their hit list? Saudi Arabia?

I think it will be Iran or north korea [remember axis of evil]

Does Iran have any large oil reserves? Technally the USA is still at war with NK.

yes they have, it is at Caspian Sea which has a large oil reserves.

From The factbook of CIA :

Natural resources: petroleum, natural gas, coal ...

Industries: petroleum...

Exports - commodities: petroleum 85%....

Does Iran have any large oil reserves? Technally the USA is still at war with NK.

Off topic slightly, one Australian State was still in a state of War after World War Two unitl a few months ago, when the 'legislation' was found! :p

Originally posted by Mosfet

yes they have, it is at Caspian Sea which has a large oil reserves.

From The factbook of CIA :

Natural resources: petroleum, natural gas, coal ...

Industries: petroleum...

Exports - commodities: petroleum 85%....

So, I guess that Iran is next on Bush's list. Maybe he'll re-united the two and call them Persia again? :)

Originally posted by use_imagination

i don't think so, they are only going there to destroy saddam and when it ends they are coming home i think

Hey, want to buy some land in Florida? How about a bridge in Brooklyn?

I think its a McDonalds conspiracy to aquire cheap camel meat. ;)

Of course it the oil. I'm not sure if we will take a second jab at Iran. Lets not forget the 1953 Iranian coup brought to you by both the UK and the USA. $80 Billion dollars was made by UK/USA Oil barons in that shrewd maneuver. Of course, it came back to haunt them a few years later. Oh wait - none of them were taking hostage were they? Bastages.

For those of you who are not cynical enough:

New York Times

So we are implying that the UN is irrelevant?

For 11 years they have resolved and threatened and barked; and Iraq has ignored them.

It is the UN that has implemented the trade embargo.

It is the UN that says if Iraq doesnt allow weapons inspectors they will be attacked.

Because the US is following international guidelines, we have to have an alterior motive?

What about the member nations of the UN? When they passed the same resolutions that the US is following, were they all about the oil?

Oh, btw, this morning Tony Blair released a 50 page document outlining specifically what biological and chemical weapons Iraq has stockpiled since it's removal of UN weapons inspectors.It outlines with factual evidence the Iraqi program to pursue nuclear arms.

Oh, and welcome to the new 'Hussein Missle' (yes, he named the missles after himself), the newly developed missle system designed specifically for delivery of biological agents. The UK has the proof...now what will the UN do now that Iraq has once again violated the UN's resolutions?

But it's all about the oil. The UN just doesnt matter.

Originally posted by deadzombie

But it's all about the oil. The UN just doesnt matter.

Nor does the UN know the immediate threat to surronding nations either apparently.

But yes, it is about the oil, if it were not the USA would not be pushing to invade the country so fast.

Someone said on here that Bush = Hitler, my grandmother agrees with this analogy, wonder if it is a good analogy (know there is a thread about it but heck, there are about 1000 different threads about this :p)