What do u expect/want in OS 10.3?

Originally posted by Silvorgold

idd love to see osx on x86 in a way and not see it on x86 for some reason at the same time:

love to see it on x86:

-cheaper mac prices

-closed x86 *maybe* but if as wickedkitten said happens, normal pcs could run on it, but knowing apple they'dd probably want it so that windows cant be installed overtop of mac os (but there'll probably end up being ways to do it on a normal pc)

-hopefully amd processors and faster faster faster

-maybe more compatibility with non mac supported hardware

wouldnt like to see it on x86:

-the era of PPC would be gone

-this will bring mac users closer to windows..

-apple might start bringing activation (im guessing but its doubtful)

-it will need altivec optimization

theres rumors of the IBM Power4 processor being used for macs as early as a year from now.....are Power4 processors x86 or wha platform?

Here's what I think is going to happen.

with the scenario that I talked about earlier I think it's going to be more along the lines of having a x86 "mac" that's selling point will be the fact that it can run windows as well.

It's in no way a replacement for current macs. it's more like Apple getting into the x86 market and being able to not only sell mobo's to those that want to dualboot between windows, linux, and osx but to also sell prefigged x86's as well.

On the other hand there have already been rumours about what is going to be released at the next macworld so in no particular order:

1. dualie powerbook

2. g4 1ghz ibook

3. apple branded digi/still cam (icam lol)

4. Apple Logo'd SonyEricsson bluetooth phone

5. bluetooth soundsticks. mouse, keyboard

6. 19in & 21in widescreen imac

7. Instead of having an ipod with some pda functions, you have a titanium pda that comes with osx embedded that just happens to be able to play a ****load of mp3s

I think it's looking pretty good to me and actually isnt far fetched enough to not be true.

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

1. dualie powerbook

2. g4 1ghz ibook

3. apple branded digi/still cam (icam lol)

4. Apple Logo'd SonyEricsson bluetooth phone

5. bluetooth soundsticks. mouse, keyboard

6. 19in & 21in widescreen imac

7. Instead of having an ipod with some pda functions, you have a titanium pda that comes with osx embedded that just happens to be able to play a ****load of mp3s

those would be nice to see, but lots of those would be expensive as heck (ie: widescreen imac)

there have been rumors of an apple pda for years and if apple's going to bring out a pda ever again, it wont be b4 2004 for sure (just have a feeling bout that), it would be nice to see the pda have like a 40 gig drive or something but it'dd be atleast $500 :(

those would be nice to see, but lots of those would be expensive as heck (ie: widescreen imac)

there have been rumors of an apple pda for years and if apple's going to bring out a pda ever again, it wont be b4 2004 for sure (just have a feeling bout that), it would be nice to see the pda have like a 40 gig drive or something but it'dd be atleast $500 :(

You do realise of course that the new 17in imac is widescreen right?

on top of that most pda's when they were released were more than 500, hell you can get an ipod now that costs 499 so throw in extended pda capabilities and the price wouldn't be going far, however on the pda/ipod combo i suspect that they would probably use a 10gb hard drive as a start off point

You do realise of course that the new 17in imac is widescreen right?

on top of that most pda's when they were released were more than 500, hell you can get an ipod now that costs 499 so throw in extended pda capabilities and the price wouldn't be going far, however on the pda/ipod combo i suspect that they would probably use a 10gb hard drive as a start off point

well the 17" widescreen imac IS a lil too expensive for the average user (well atleast here), but then again i might be getting a dual pmac so basically the same price....

what would they call the pda tho? ipda? newton II? hmmm...

well the 17" widescreen imac IS a lil too expensive for the average user (well atleast here), but then again i might be getting a dual pmac so basically the same price....

what would they call the pda tho? ipda? newton II? hmmm...

1999 for a 17in superdrive widescreen imac vs 2499 for an dual pmac without a monitor

are you sure you wouldnt just want a widescreen imac?

Would love to see x86 support ... thereagain I hear internally apple has made OSX10.2 for x86, just not publically. Would really be interested to see how that turns out ;)

Arnaudt

1999 for a 17in superdrive widescreen imac vs 2499 for an dual pmac without a monitor

are you sure you wouldnt just want a widescreen imac?

err shouldve used US $ amount..

imac g4 17":

800 mhz processor

256 mb sdram

superdrive

80 GB Drive

Geforce4 MX graphics card

LCD Screen

=$1999 US or $3000 CDN

-----

PowerMac G4 867:

dual 867 mhz processors

256 MB PC-2100 ram

combo drive (adding on a dvd-rom drive after i get it)

60 gig drive (adding on 40 gig drive after)

Geforce4 MX graphics card (might upgrade it in a year or 2)

17" CRT screen (crt vs lcd doesnt really matter for me)

=$1999 US or $3000 CDN

i got a new hard drive n dvd rom drive under 9 months ago and i shouldnt let them collect dust...

the one thing I'd like to see Apple do that really bugs me is how window resizing is handled.

I'd really llike to see it implemented more whre the method similar to pitbull pro is used, whereby the outline of the new size is frawn as the mouse moves. Then on MouseUp, the window itself is redrawn. iTunes, iCal, etc etc TANK on this kind of operation, so I'd like to see a more optimized method of this if possible...

Originally posted by timdorr

the one thing I'd like to see Apple do that really bugs me is how window resizing is handled.

I'd really llike to see it implemented more whre the method similar to pitbull pro is used, whereby the outline of the new size is frawn as the mouse moves. Then on MouseUp, the window itself is redrawn. iTunes, iCal, etc etc TANK on this kind of operation, so I'd like to see a more optimized method of this if possible...

In iTunes at least, you can command-drag the corner of the window, and get the outline instead.