[Definitive] Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion Thread

So, you mean unlike morrowind, it doesn't have distance fog to hide the render?

Hell, why can't people look up to far cry :p

It does if you disable distant landscape

Ahh the ole LoD bubble. Sadly that ****** is taking a LONG time to die out :p

I pre-ordered the collector's edition as well and it should arrive in time. I went searching around with a friend today trying to find him a copy and every place said the same thing; "Tomorrow." At least they could have NOT lied and told him what I already did; that they've had it for a week most likely but can't sell it until the 'street date'. I'm getting sick and tired of these friggin oh so full of sh!t game store employees. They even tried to get him to pre-order so he could come back tomorrow lol (I told the poor guy to just snag it at best buy or some big retail chain and stop giving his money to those little bastards at the game shops :devil: )

Sorry for the rant...just sickens me how those damn employees lie about everything under the sun just to sell you crap you don't want/need :no:

Luckily my ebgames sells games as soon as they come in so I already got 6 hours in you can check out my random comments on the game thus far here, too lazy to repost, don't worry shouldn't be any spoilers.

i have my collectors edition per-ordered at my local game and have just spent ?300 on a new graphics card so i can hopefully play it:yes::

i would always choose pc over the 360 version as i feel that it belongs on pc and that it will be better there

Hmm, I wonder if you'll be able to get the Collectors Edition without pre-ordering just by visiting EB Games or BestBuy early in the morning.

I will try calling few places just before 10am and see ..

I'm definitly going to be picking this one up on my way home from work today.

I've got an ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB. I know it won't run at high-quality, but will it be playable?

I just ordered this today. Does anyone know if it uses starforce? :-/

Elder Scrolls Oblivion does not use Starforce thank god

I'm definitly going to be picking this one up on my way home from work today.

I've got an ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB. I know it won't run at high-quality, but will it be playable?

I think the ATI Radeon 9800 PRo might have a hard time running it on Medium, but it depends on your other specs.

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

AMD Athlon XP 2800+

1GB PC2800 on a 333 FSB

??????

How do the graphics compare to Doom 3? That ran pretty well on my system, I thought.

I wish their was a demo or something. I hate the fact that PC Game outlets won't accept returns. Maybe I'll invest in an XBox 360 or something. I don't think I want to drop another $400 for a new graphics card.

-Shad

Ahh the ole LoD bubble. Sadly that ****** is taking a LONG time to die out :p

I pre-ordered the collector's edition as well and it should arrive in time. I went searching around with a friend today trying to find him a copy and every place said the same thing; "Tomorrow." At least they could have NOT lied and told him what I already did; that they've had it for a week most likely but can't sell it until the 'street date'. I'm getting sick and tired of these friggin oh so full of sh!t game store employees. They even tried to get him to pre-order so he could come back tomorrow lol (I told the poor guy to just snag it at best buy or some big retail chain and stop giving his money to those little bastards at the game shops :devil: )

Sorry for the rant...just sickens me how those damn employees lie about everything under the sun just to sell you crap you don't want/need :no:

I don't really understand what you're talking about. Stores can be fined a large sum if they sell software or other items before the streetdate. That would be why the were telling you to come back tomorrow. Some stores don't follow this, but they can get into some trouble if they are reported.

Well, seeming as i do not have the game yet im only guessing at the moment. Although im pretty sure my pc will run it alright.

Specs:

Pentium 4 3.0ghz

Geforce 6600gt

1.5gb RAM

i hope my pc will run :(

my specs :

ATI Radeon 9800 platinum edition

AMD Athlon XP 3000+

1 gig RAM

running at 3 GHZ

well if recommended are

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 1GB RAM

* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

- (according to GAME website)

then doesnt my specs meet that... or am i being dumb ?

Edited by Sugarboy

i hope my pc will run :(

my specs :

ATI Radeon 9800 platinum edition

AMD Athlon XP 3000+

1 gig RAM

running at 3 GHZ

well if recommended are

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 1GB RAM

* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

- (according to GAME website)

then doesnt my specs meet that... or am i being dumb ?

Minimum System Requirements: New!

* Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit

* 512MB System RAM

* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card

* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* 4.6 GB free hard disk space

* DirectX 9.0c (included)

* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

* Keyboard, Mouse

Minimum system requirements just tell your if the game will run or not. We are interested in knowing if it will perform well enough to be fun to play.

Minimum system requirements are rarely conservative. They are generally lower then what I would pick as minimum in order to get more people to buy the game.

I have a machine the has a Radeon 9200 w/ 128MB, that is within the minimum requirements but I bet the game will play like crap on it.

I had a better system then the minimum sys req when Morrowind came out and thought it played like crap on my system.

It runs ok on a 9800 XT but I wouldnt want to be stuck with less than 256 megs of vram

I doubt it would be very "playable" on a 9500 or below

There was no set street date and the game had only shipped out yesterday. Unless you in a very close proximity it will problably arrive today. Preording is not a bad idea to guarantee a copy.

Edited by Tiger.Girl

The official site's forum HERE has a post that talks about ton of things you can tweak in the .ini file, even the draw distance which a lot of people seem concerened with.

My pre-order will reach me in the Indian Ocean in two weeks. :cry:

The official site's forum HERE has a post that talks about ton of things you can tweak in the .ini file, even the draw distance which a lot of people seem concerened with.

My pre-order will reach me in the Indian Ocean in two weeks. :cry:

Man, i thought i was getting it late this friday. I feel sorry for you man

FINALLY got my copy...

But for the love of god.....what's it like?!?! :)

I know there've been some good reviews/previews but I never trust it till I hear it from someone who actually bought it. Like, what are the lockpicking/persuasion minigames like? Is the inventory system improved over the abortion that was in Morrowind? :)

I've got it arriving Thursday/Friday anyway but I'm curious.