Competition: Logo needed for hosting company

Question

Third time is a charm eh folks? I've got the funding, I've got the people, now I just need the logo!

HostFalcon.com, an internet service provider specializing in small business site hosting, has commissioned a contest to create a new and unique branding for their soon be opened business.

The winning logo will help set the tone for the layout, color and theme for the rest of the company web presence.

The contest will run for an undetermined length of time and participants from around the Internet community are encouraged to enter.

First prize is $40 AND 6 months of free hosting on a basic HostFalcon plan. Two runners up will receive 25% off any plan for three months.

Winners will be decided exclusively by the management of HostFalcon.

Requirements

The name of the company (HostFalcon) should be present on any logo design along with our slogan (Set your sites higher) if deemed feasible by the designer.

The branding elements should be on a white background and be easily applied to any white or light gray without recoloring. Any text used should be a sans-serif font. HostFalcon prefers the use of a simple and minimalist design.

Only Photoshop importable formats will be accepted.

Uses

The winning branding will be used on our website, in online and possible print advertisements, letter headers, company shirts, business cards, etc.

Exclusive rights must be provided to us by the author.

Good luck!

NeoRequest: http://neorequest.tekngn.net/GraphicRequestView.aspx?ID=871

Additional Information

The following issues have come up through the thread.

- A cash prize has been added.

- You can submit as many variations or alternative designs as you wish.

- Please keep the negitive comments on other peoples work to yourself.

- Please do not ask for public feedback from me on your submission.

APRIL 3 UPDATE: The entry process is now closed. Unless you come up with something breathtaking we're going to use what we've taken so far and make a choice from there. We have narrowed the field down to about 5 logos that stand out from the rest as being the type of branding we'd be able to use and would help set us apart a bit from our competitors.

I have no timeline on getting a winner announced. Of course I'll let everyone know when that happens.

Thanks everyone for the great submissions, you've made it really hard for the judges to choose a winner.

Edited by Marshalus

I dont particularly agree with rage or anyone else on this thread for that matter. But woah, I do certainly think that cybadelic's logo does look very similar to the chrysler one, a bit too close for comfort.

i decided not to say anything for fear of starting such a flame-war :| should we all just calm down.

and marshalus, when do we get the results? (like i stand a chance but it's nice to know i havn't won:P)

Marshalus has asked for a logo before for HostFalcon (Or someone did) I'm not sure if that ever come to a conclusion I'm guessing not?

Has been awhile now you mention it Andre, strange that there hasn't been an update, he's probably chose a winner, who knows!

rageagainstmachine no offense but stop posting your first steps at photoshop, you're just applying filters to his logo, there's no need to show us...

lol @ no offense :p

Hope to see this contest come to a close soon... The suspense is killin me! :pinch: :p XD

Soon ;)

Things have been busy the last week or so -- I'll try and post something up today.

I tried my best! :cry:

I liked it, made my day, what wrong with you people, can't you see proper talent? :cool: