"Neowin - Yesterdays news, today!" - Digg.com

Neowin started out as an enthusiast website dedicated to bringing the latest news on Windows XP from its initial announcement to its final release. 6 years later, and the website still manages to cling on for dear life. Are we now finally starting to see tears in the fabric? Or is Neowin promptly going to pull something off?

Digg.com

WTH - Neowin may not be as quick with the news as other sites, but it sure has the best and biggest community for tech-related problems... so basically I don't get this...

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showuser=26941

appears to be the criminal at large, also seems to be banned. Wonder why he posted the topic!

Nothing new there, what is really creepy though is that he loves Neowin deep down :laugh:

Shame he couldn't keep his wad together.

Radish™

Yea, the news may not be the strongest feature, but Neowin has the best forum on the web.

I agree, to some extent. I was just reading around digg.com and saw this, might as well post it :blush:.

Nothing new there, what is really creepy though is that he loves Neowin deep dow:laugh:h:

Shame he couldn't keep his wad together.

Radish?

Funny how all the stories like this are started by banned members of the forum.

They cant stick to the rules, get banned, and then all of a sudden the forum is crappy!

Love there mentality!

Funny how all the stories like this are started by banned members of the forum.

They cant stick to the rules, get banned, and then all of a sudden the forum is crappy!

Love there mentality!

Well, duh lol. I used ot get worked up over it, now I just laugh. In the end, it's simply more publicity for Neowin.

perhaps if member's submitting news actually worked, Neowin wouldn't be a couple days behind on Frontpage news. Hopefully this gets fixed with v5...whenever that will be.

Well, duh lol. I used ot get worked up over it, now I just laugh. In the end, it's simply more publicity for Neowin.

yes, but I am not sure if negative publicity is a good thing...from reading around the past couple of days, seems there are becoming a few more disgruntled members than usual.

I'm going to go create a "news" website dedicated to informing everybody about how Neobond is actually a Spanish-speaking purple monkey from space.

Peabody, here I come.

:rolleyes:

perhaps if member's submitting news actually worked, Neowin wouldn't be a couple days behind on Frontpage news. Hopefully this gets fixed with v5...whenever that will be.

yes, but I am not sure if negative publicity is a good thing...from reading around the past couple of days, seems there are becoming a few more disgruntled members than usual.

1. The lack of "submit news" isn't the problem. The higher ups are trying to address the actual problems now.

2. People are always going to be disgruntled. This just gives them something to bitch about.

It's just a publicity stunt. It doesn't really offend Neowin (consider what there has been). But it doesn't exactly praise it either. It is interesting that this site was started to track XP from start to finish though, I didn't know that.

I don't find anything terribly unreasonable about that article; it's just a cold and critical analysis of Neowin's current situation by an ex-member. I disagree with many of his points, but then we can't completely dismiss it as "publicity stunt" when a three weeks old news sadly gets posted in the main page.

Lord, I posted the "news" the other day. It was 2 weeks old and not 3 weeks old for a start and most hadn't seen it and we hadn't posted it main page. 2 weeks is hardly old if you ask me and it was a topic worth covering

Our news is fine, there haven't been that many major tech news stories of the past couple of weeks anyway. We will be covering WinHEC 2006 like always and will provide video footage, audio podcasts, interviews and great pictures like always.

People need to realise that we're not here to compete with Digg.com, this is a prime example of how Digg.com is flawed as it takes "news" like this and allows it to get posted!

If members could submit news it would become silly with false information or people saying that another website is rubbish.

It is best have the members submit the news to the BPN and let the mods etc examine and decide weather it should be posted on front page.

Yes there are more disgruntled members lately, but when you are as big as Neowin is it is hardily surprising. More and more members are joining this hugh community. The more that join the more great posts can be submitted but there is also the potential for newb users to join asking for warez and acting like arses without reading up on the rules. They end up getting a banning and decide that Neowin is rubbish anyway just because the site is well moderated and they are not allowed to tell another person they are a cu*t.

At the end of the day, in England anyway, if you call someone a cu*t or use threatening behavour in the street, you get arrested and maybe imprisoned.

You do this in Neowin and you get a warning or even get banned... simple.

• 2 weeks later...