How can a recover my password from a cookie?

As part of the contract you sign up for when you create a username at Neowin.net.

That is what I am talking about.

:o Does somebody actually read that?

Just joking... I read that, and I know exactly what you're talking about! ... :shifty:

Although I have registrated like 5 years ago, so I may not know all the lines perfectly...

:o Does somebody actually read that?

Just joking... I read that, and I know exactly what you're talking about! ... :shifty:

Although I have registrated like 5 years ago, so I may not know all the lines perfectly...

:huh: ... :wacko: ...

You see... i didn't had internet for almost a year, so it's like 5 years for me... ;)

who cares if its allowed or not. If you want to, report the topic, but you dont have to be the 25th person to say that the topic is not allowed. let a mod decide

OK, when I tell someone something like that, I am passing on some advice. When a mod decides they often hand out a warning. I was giving the OP a hea's up! But hey!

who cares if its allowed or not. If you want to, report the topic, but you dont have to be the 25th person to say that the topic is not allowed. let a mod decide

So why do you care?

Why are there so many new people on neowin acting like such kids !?

A moderator has already made comment in this thread and did no more than that!!

The_Decryptor was his name!

Although I have no idea what was not allowed in this topic, I think that we have said everything, and now I know that I can't get that pass. Thanks for the support nonetheless, for those that were helping me, instead of calling me an idiot and all that for no reason.

Didn't read past the first page...

there's a program called [removed] that I think can decrypt MD5 hashes among other things. Worth looking at. I've used it for bruteforcing passwords and stuff like that, but never an md5 hash. It's really nice to show people how crappy their passwords are and stuff like that.

edit...

that was weird... it like quoted my response under my post.

edit again...

not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of the software. if a mod says it's ok then I will put it back up.

Edited by JiveMasterT

Although I have no idea what was not allowed in this topic, I think that we have said everything, and now I know that I can't get that pass. Thanks for the support nonetheless, for those that were helping me, instead of calling me an idiot and all that for no reason.

Nothing illegal about this thread. Just a discussion on the decryption of MD5 hashes. "Illegal" would be to give you the password, or point to a link for MD5 decryption software. This could likely be some comments in an article about MD5 hashes. Nothing more..

Because he's learning how to hack his friend's email account, with the cookie recovered from when his friend was last there. Just my guess.

I thought of that too, that's why my solution implied having access to the email the account was registered with.

Hehe.

And you can't simply use the cookie to login and change the password, because most sites will require you to input the OLD password in order to change it.

I am curious about this though... I'm running a dictionary attack on it right now. I will not ever give you the password but it is an interesting exercise. When I ran the brute force on it, it quoted me at 49,000 years for a 1-12char password. If you could tell me how long the password is, it could be shorter.

In exchange for this information, you could give me the password...

Whatever... If I would want that password so bad for my self, I would have learned all about MD5 from the sites I have found in google... I can access this site whether you give me the pass, or don't, because I have the cookie, I just wanted to send an invite for myself, because that requires a pass.

Nooo way I'd give you the password. BTW, a dictionary attack failed on it. I'm assuming your brother knows a little bit about good passwords.

Just ask your brother for an invite... ;) or wait 49,000 years for this brute force to finish and we might be able come to some sort of deal.

discussing md5 stuff is fine. trying to help someone crack a private password is not something we want to get involved in though.

closed.